RALEIGH 27TH JUNE 2010????

Heyyyy, just wandered if there is anyone else joining HMS Raleigh on 27th june 2010?

I'm going in as a Personnel Logistician and wandered if there was anyone else in the same boat... no pun intended haha!

Let me know :)

Patrick

Lantern Swinger
find it abit strange how people are going on 27th june when Raleigh closes on 6th august, so you'll have 4 weeks off then go back for the remaining 2 weeks?

Patrick

Lantern Swinger
StixJimboRM said:
Patrick said:
find it abit strange how people are going on 27th june when Raleigh closes on 6th august, so you'll have 4 weeks off then go back for the remaining 2 weeks?
err, yes, funnily enough. Why wouldn't it be like that?

The training staff have to have leave you know, they don't work 365 days of the year. The same will happen in the lead up to Christmas and again in the lead up to Easter.
ahh true point, luckily i'll be passing out just before leave :)

oooh right, fair enough! This might sound stupid, but does that mean we can go home or go on holliday etc? And then bring all our stuff back 4 weeks later?

StixJimboRM said:
charlotte_lbt said:
oooh right, fair enough! This might sound stupid, but does that mean we can go home or go on holliday etc? And then bring all our stuff back 4 weeks later?
You will be on leave, you will be sent home and yes you will return 4 weeks later. If you want to go abroad you will have to request permission from your DO or training staff in advance. You will be given a rail warrant for your journey to and from your home.
Sorry for asking so many questions, but say if you wanted to do a last minute holiday with your sister or something, therefore don't know where you'll be going, would u be given permission or do u need to know exactly where your going?!

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

Patrick said:
I understand that Butlins has an agreement for using Raleigh during the holidays. In fact they have to make it slightly less cushy than term-time to ensure the tourists don't refuse to leave.

Patrick

Lantern Swinger
JonnoJonno said:
Patrick said:
I understand that Butlins has an agreement for using Raleigh during the holidays. In fact they have to make it slightly less cushy than term-time to ensure the tourists don't refuse to leave.
oh damn, if i knew that i wouldn't of booked a holiday to ibiza!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
charlotte_lbt said:
StixJimboRM said:
charlotte_lbt said:
You will be on leave, you will be sent home and yes you will return 4 weeks later. If you want to go abroad you will have to request permission from your DO or training staff in advance. You will be given a rail warrant for your journey to and from your home.
Sorry for asking so many questions, but say if you wanted to do a last minute holiday with your sister or something, therefore don't know where you'll be going, would u be given permission or do u need to know exactly where your going?!

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.
Charlotte, if you don't know where you are going how will you get there?

Can I just ask, are you a blonde?? :wink:

StixJimboRM said:
as long as you are in the RN your life will change, quite a lot. You will find that you will need to ask permission to do all sorts of things that you take for granted as a civilian, e.g. getting married.
Erm, no Stix.

charlotte_lbt said:
Hahaha.. funnily enough I am blonde! What I meant was say if you booked a last minute holiday, that kinda thing.
As long as you have a contact address and phone number you will be allowed to go on holiday, you can book last minute then phone the OOD at Raleigh main gate with your contact details. It would be easier for all concerned if you had your contact details before you left to go on leave.

StixJimboRM said:
Guzzler said:
StixJimboRM said:
as long as you are in the RN your life will change, quite a lot. You will find that you will need to ask permission to do all sorts of things that you take for granted as a civilian, e.g. getting married.
Erm, no Stix.
Well I had to, 12 years ago, and one of my lads had to a couple of years ago. Request chit in to the boss.
That surprises me Stix. Unless there is some odd local rule for Royal (which I doubt) it seems that urban myth has dictated policy at some units!

Yes, it was required once, and I'm not sure when it stopped. I certainly didn't in '83 (wish I had and they'd said 'no' :evil: ).

Imagine the 'yuman rights' kerfuffle if it was mandatory these days though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Walter_white Health & Fitness 4
Walter_white Joining the Royal Navy 39
ScaleyFins The Fleet 28