RALEIGH 27TH JUNE 2010????

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by charlotte_lbt, Mar 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heyyyy, just wandered if there is anyone else joining HMS Raleigh on 27th june 2010?

I'm going in as a Personnel Logistician and wandered if there was anyone else in the same boat... no pun intended haha!

Let me know :)
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Charlotte, why not check the long thread that gives a list of those joining on various dates? Good luck
  3. find it abit strange how people are going on 27th june when Raleigh closes on 6th august, so you'll have 4 weeks off then go back for the remaining 2 weeks?
  4. ahh true point, luckily i'll be passing out just before leave :)
  5. How do you know it defiantly closes on August 6th?
  6. i asked at my AFCO, closes for 4 weeks & HMS Sultan closes for 3 weeks.
  7. oooh right, fair enough! This might sound stupid, but does that mean we can go home or go on holliday etc? And then bring all our stuff back 4 weeks later?
  8. Sorry for asking so many questions, but say if you wanted to do a last minute holiday with your sister or something, therefore don't know where you'll be going, would u be given permission or do u need to know exactly where your going?!

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.
  9. I understand that Butlins has an agreement for using Raleigh during the holidays. In fact they have to make it slightly less cushy than term-time to ensure the tourists don't refuse to leave.
  10. oh damn, if i knew that i wouldn't of booked a holiday to ibiza!
  11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Charlotte, if you don't know where you are going how will you get there?

Can I just ask, are you a blonde?? :wink:
  12. Erm, no Stix.
  13. Hahaha.. funnily enough I am blonde! What I meant was say if you booked a last minute holiday, that kinda thing.
  14. As long as you have a contact address and phone number you will be allowed to go on holiday, you can book last minute then phone the OOD at Raleigh main gate with your contact details. It would be easier for all concerned if you had your contact details before you left to go on leave.
  15. Ooooh right ok :) Thanks for the heads up!
  16. That surprises me Stix. Unless there is some odd local rule for Royal (which I doubt) it seems that urban myth has dictated policy at some units!
  17. I had to ask permission from my DO Guzz in 73.
  18. Yes, it was required once, and I'm not sure when it stopped. I certainly didn't in '83 (wish I had and they'd said 'no' :evil: ).

Imagine the 'yuman rights' kerfuffle if it was mandatory these days though.
  19. My start date is 27th of june. Going for the role ET/ME Cant wait, allready buffing my workboots 5 times a day. :D :D :D