raise the white flag

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by babystew, Jan 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 3000-4000 more servicemen and women to go, we are giving £40 billion to the i.m.f
    will the last one standing raise the white flag please
  2. I think it's been flying for quite a while now....many in the UK may not have noticed however, I bet a few nations around the world have been taking note for a while now and when (not if) the balloon goes up somewhere in the world that impacts dramatically on the the U.K's interests, our forces once more will be sent in both ill equipped and under manned. History does have such a habit of depressingly repeating itself....and it seems the powers that be NEVER learn!
  3. All politicians are self-serving incompetent bastards.
  4. I once read that baby's nappys and politicians should be changed regularly .. for pretty much the same reason.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Theres a saying --------------not sure who by
    " If you want peace prepare for war"

I think it should be pointed out to the Pollies who seem more interested in the social well being of the numerous immigrants that have
    settled here in the UK

6. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

It was Admiral Fisher (see avatar)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 4 year terms of government. We spend more time and effort working on the next useless app for our iphones than we do reforming basic human leadership. Nothing will change, old lessons learnt will die with their forbears yah di yah!

I'm with finks, except I don't have to point is out every three seconds.
  8. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Think it originally came from a chap called Vegetius in around 375AD - "Sic vis pacem, para bellum"
  9. I've seen it.

Crap film.
  10. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

Didn't know that. I just know fisher put that latin up at Dartmouth...so I presumed he made it up being a clever chap and all.
  11. That quote was also in the drill shed at Excellent, I think it's the establishment motto but maybe wrong.
  12. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

It is indeed!