Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raise the white flag

babystew

Lantern Swinger
3000-4000 more servicemen and women to go, we are giving £40 billion to the i.m.f
will the last one standing raise the white flag please

3000-4000 more servicemen and women to go, we are giving £40 billion to the i.m.f
will the last one standing raise the white flag please

I think it's been flying for quite a while now....many in the UK may not have noticed however, I bet a few nations around the world have been taking note for a while now and when (not if) the balloon goes up somewhere in the world that impacts dramatically on the the U.K's interests, our forces once more will be sent in both ill equipped and under manned. History does have such a habit of depressingly repeating itself....and it seems the powers that be NEVER learn!

Theres a saying --------------not sure who by
" If you want peace prepare for war"

I think it should be pointed out to the Pollies who seem more interested in the social well being of the numerous immigrants that have
settled here in the UK

G

EarlyChop

War Hero
4 year terms of government. We spend more time and effort working on the next useless app for our iphones than we do reforming basic human leadership. Nothing will change, old lessons learnt will die with their forbears yah di yah!

I'm with finks, except I don't have to point is out every three seconds.

fishface

MIA
Book Reviewer
Think it originally came from a chap called Vegetius in around 375AD - "Sic vis pacem, para bellum"

Didn't know that. I just know fisher put that latin up at Dartmouth...so I presumed he made it up being a clever chap and all.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Didn't know that. I just know fisher put that latin up at Dartmouth...so I presumed he made it up being a clever chap and all.

That quote was also in the drill shed at Excellent, I think it's the establishment motto but maybe wrong.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New government-commissioned reports raise prospect of limited reopening of Hammersmith Bridge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Torness officers raise funds to remember much loved local resident MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh RN Submarine School - Torpoint Marathon To Raise Money For The Submariners' Memorial Appeal Submariners 3
MoD_RSS LLWR workforce raise £10,000 for cancer charity helping young sufferers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payment software deal does not raise competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commission Kigali: call for proposals to raise awareness of Commonwealth campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Light extravaganza to raise flood awareness at Tendring MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Merger of receipt roll suppliers could raise competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pest control merger may raise competition issues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Brokenshire gives £375,000 for councils to raise awareness of FGM MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Partnership push to raise awareness of flood risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Colleges to receive £1.8m to boost to help raise standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Planning Inspectorate staff raise over £21k for charity in 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: DVLA staff raise over £50,000 for Maggie’s Swansea MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Colleges receive funding boost to help raise standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Expert panel confirmed to raise education outcomes in North East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: DVLA staff raise over £50,000 for Maggie’s Swansea MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Local courts and tribunals help to raise the bar on provision of refreshments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary visits Iran to raise nuclear deal, regional conflicts and consular cases MoD News 0
soleil Western Morning News: "Poppy Pins Raise Over £600 For Royal British Legion" Submariners 0
soleil Telegraph: "Explorers Raise Hope Of Nelson 'Treasure Trove' On Victorian Shipwreck" History 2
soleil Pompey News: "Boxing Squad Punches Its Weight To Raise Cash" Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil Daily Echo: Helping To Raise Funds For Wounded Royal Marines The Corps 0
soleil Rotherham Sea Cadets sell HMS Leviathan model to raise cash SCC and URNU 1
soleil CPO on HMS Richmond pounds the deck to raise £3,000 Charity 1
T Writing a book to raise money for Help for Heroes Charity 9
2 Please raise a glass! Diamond Lil's 15
SILVER_FOX Call to raise drinking age to 21 Current Affairs 31
MoD_RSS Oliver Dowden's Oral Statement on the Online Harms White Paper consultation response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joe White appointed HM Consul-General, San Francisco, and Technology Envoy to the USA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northumberland river users asked to help protect white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on Social Housing White Paper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mark White becomes UK’s second Groceries Code Adjudicator MoD News 0
BreechSpike White rank slides ? The Fleet 10
MoD_RSS Lord Chancellor’s Speech: White Paper Launch - A Smarter Approach to Sentencing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mark White appointed as new Groceries Code Adjudicator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Syria: Minister for Middle East meets Chairman of White Helmets MoD News 0
slim Sikh couple barred from adopting white child due to ‘cultural heritage’ Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS Northumberland launches strategy to protect white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Project to protect native White-clawed crayfish in Derbyshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Jeremy Wright to Sharon White MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Nottinghamshire project to protect native white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Jeremy Wright speaking at the launch of the Online Harms White Paper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Home Secretary launches Online Harms White Paper MoD News 0
slim Should the average white person apologise for Slavery? Diamond Lil's 26
Stirlin Swimming with Great White Shark. Diamond Lil's 7
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary meets leader of the Syrian White Helmets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pioneering solutions to defence and security challenges to be explored at White City MoD News 0
O When is the white mess dress jacket worn? The Quarterdeck 16
BillyNoMates Big white ships. International 6