rage made it to number 1!

2_deck_dash

War Hero
I'm still threaders this didn't make it to number 1, much better than both those shite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Edited to add: Either way Simon Cowell wins anyway as RATM are also under his Sony deal. He must be laughing at all the mongs who bought the record to have a pop at him as he watches the cash roll in from not one, but two of his label's songs sell over 500,000 copies this Christmas. Kerching!
 

hamisatypeofcheese

Lantern Swinger
2_deck_dash said:
Edited to add: Either way Simon Cowell wins anyway as RATM are also under his Sony deal. He must be laughing at all the mongs who bought the record to have a pop at him as he watches the cash roll in from not one, but two of his label's songs sell over 500,000 copies this Christmas. Kerching!

Pretty sure I read somewhere that only acts that Cowell has signed/manages earn money for him and he has nothing to do with Rage Against the Machine. May be wrong though.
 

2_deck_dash

War Hero
hamisatypeofcheese said:
2_deck_dash said:
Edited to add: Either way Simon Cowell wins anyway as RATM are also under his Sony deal. He must be laughing at all the mongs who bought the record to have a pop at him as he watches the cash roll in from not one, but two of his label's songs sell over 500,000 copies this Christmas. Kerching!

Pretty sure I read somewhere that only acts that Cowell has signed/manages earn money for him and he has nothing to do with Rage Against the Machine. May be wrong though.

Indeed he earns considerable royalties from the deals he signs, but as one of the major shareholders of Sony BMG, he is basically living the dream either way.
 

hamisatypeofcheese

Lantern Swinger
2_deck_dash said:
hamisatypeofcheese said:
2_deck_dash said:
Edited to add: Either way Simon Cowell wins anyway as RATM are also under his Sony deal. He must be laughing at all the mongs who bought the record to have a pop at him as he watches the cash roll in from not one, but two of his label's songs sell over 500,000 copies this Christmas. Kerching!

Pretty sure I read somewhere that only acts that Cowell has signed/manages earn money for him and he has nothing to do with Rage Against the Machine. May be wrong though.

Indeed he earns considerable royalties from the deals he signs, but as one of the major shareholders of Sony BMG, he is basically living the dream either way.

Ah right of course, my bad
 

Seadog

War Hero
Moderator
Pedant head on.

'Rage' have not made it to number one, 'Rage Against the Machine' have. There is a band that predates Rage Against the Machine called 'Rage' who are a current German metal outfit. Probably why Rage Against The Machine are abbreviated to RATM, not Rage.

Rage is pronounced differently in German but means the same things (like shouty angry )

Pedant head off
 

Pussers_Blue

Badgeman
Seadog said:
Rage is pronounced differently in German.

Aye, it's probably prounounced 'fúcking shíte'.

Oh, and in my opinion, Cowell is an arrogant fúcking prick.

I always remember a couple of years ago when he was plugging one of his X-Factor shows, the seller was "And the winner will be getting the covetted Christmas No1 slot."

Really? Well at last someone's stood up to the prick, and I couldn't give a flying one about Sony bmg or whoever. He's been made to look a stupid, moaning, cry-arsing fúcking cúnt.

Good on that couple who started the petition thingumybob.

"He'yar Simon. Here's your dummy back Son."

PS - Pardon the French there gang. :(
 

labrum

War Hero
I'm with 2DD BMG Sony will be laughing their collective, corporate cocks off. A cynic would suggest that the Facebook campaign was just guerrilla marketing..
 
Seadog said:
Pedant head on.

'Rage' have not made it to number one, 'Rage Against the Machine' have. There is a band that predates Rage Against the Machine called 'Rage' who are a current German metal outfit. Probably why Rage Against The Machine are abbreviated to RATM, not Rage.

Rage is pronounced differently in German but means the same things (like shouty angry )

Pedant head off

There's a column in Private Eye for people like you :wink:
 

Latest Threads

Top