rage made it to number 1!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by chrisj09, Dec 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. as the subject states rage made it to number 1

opinions?

personaly i think its great, knocks the shit out of the wnak t*at factor

2. Good news for real music fans, the usual manufactured tripe that comes out and gets xmas no1 is no good for anyone

3. to be honest they both sound utter wank

4. yeah im not a fan of rage but its better then anything that comes off x-factor

5. RATM are okay to listen to now and again, but I'm over the moon that the X-Factor sh1t didn't get to number one.

:dance:

6. I loved how all the X Factor judges threw their toys out of the pram because there was a challenge for number 1 :lol:

7. I wasn’t really interested until I heard Simon Cowell whinging about it. Then I was right behind Rage.

Good on `em, I say :lol:

8. Glad rage made it to number 1. Even better that it got up Cowells nose, the tosser.

9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Tom Morello is a very talented guitarist but 'Shouting In The Name Of ' is shit. Angry shouty sweary bollocks, nearly as bad as Limp Bizkit; fcuk you I won't clean up my bedroom. :roll:

10. The RATM song is pretty naff, but at least another cowell clone never got a number 1 xmas hit. I counted 10 simon cowell tuneless wonders in the top 40 if cheryl cole is included, I'm glad i'm 40 ish and dont listen to anything younger than twenty years old!!

11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

A result for "real" music. Don't like it personally, but I'm glad that X factor's monopoly has been broken.

12. I wanted "Jilted John" by Jilted John maybe Moron Brown the one eyed lying un-elected bastard might have took the hint!!!!

13. Yet more proof that Facebook is taking over the world!

14. I'm still threaders this didn't make it to number 1, much better than both those shite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Edited to add: Either way Simon Cowell wins anyway as RATM are also under his Sony deal. He must be laughing at all the mongs who bought the record to have a pop at him as he watches the cash roll in from not one, but two of his label's songs sell over 500,000 copies this Christmas. Kerching!

15. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

16. Pretty sure I read somewhere that only acts that Cowell has signed/manages earn money for him and he has nothing to do with Rage Against the Machine. May be wrong though.

17. Indeed he earns considerable royalties from the deals he signs, but as one of the major shareholders of Sony BMG, he is basically living the dream either way.

18. Ah right of course, my bad

19. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Pedant head on.

'Rage' have not made it to number one, 'Rage Against the Machine' have. There is a band that predates Rage Against the Machine called 'Rage' who are a current German metal outfit. Probably why Rage Against The Machine are abbreviated to RATM, not Rage.

Rage is pronounced differently in German but means the same things (like shouty angry )

Pedant head off

20. fair one there mate