RAF Civ typist gets £1/2 million for sore thumb.. !!

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
RSI has been a hot-button topic for over twenty years and can leave the wrist virtually useless. My understanding of the Health and Safety at work Act 1974 is that any employer has a duty to their employees to adapt their work practices so as to prevent them incurring foreseeable disabilities. What is WRONG is our failure ALSO to compensate Servicemen for disabilities incurred on service to the same full extent, or even to ensure they get decent treatment, particularly after they are invalided.

Oil_Slick said:
Seaweed said:
RSI has been a hot-button topic for over twenty years and can leave the wrist virtually useless.

So can too much wanking, but I've never seen anyone claiming wanking gave them RSI!
As we used to say lie on your arm until it becomes numb then pretend it's someone else.

I am just so glad she is okay and has not considered suicide to end it all following such a horrific injury. :)

But I suppose that amount of money should help her find a new career. In something like setting up a company in 'how to extort money from your boss.'

Do you think I can claim as I have an RSI and its this mattress on my back, have been carrying it around for years........
or how about the salt water activated knees that keep repeatly hurt every time the word sea is mentioned.

Remember reading about some policewoman recieving 250,000 quid for slight deafness in one ear from wearing those ear pieces.

I recived two thousand for tinnitus and have buzzing in the head all day long. I kid thee not!!!