RAF Civ typist gets £1/2 million for sore thumb.. !!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by whitemouse, Jul 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Glad to see the MoD RAF have their priorities right.

2. http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2907_raf.shtml

'Dear Mod,

Using a MoD supplied mouse for years has given me a callous on my index pinky. I hearby claim £500,000 for permanent disfigurement.

I want to retire to a life of Riley on my Civil Service disablity pension and my £500k villa in the sun fund.'
  3. FFS who are these clowns who make such awards with our money IMO they should be keelhauled for'd to aft.
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

RSI has been a hot-button topic for over twenty years and can leave the wrist virtually useless. My understanding of the Health and Safety at work Act 1974 is that any employer has a duty to their employees to adapt their work practices so as to prevent them incurring foreseeable disabilities. What is WRONG is our failure ALSO to compensate Servicemen for disabilities incurred on service to the same full extent, or even to ensure they get decent treatment, particularly after they are invalided.

5. So can too much wanking, but I've never seen anyone claiming wanking gave them RSI!
  6. If you can convince the Employment Tribunal that it was a work related injury, then it's probably worth a try! :read: :jerk:
  7. As we used to say lie on your arm until it becomes numb then pretend it's someone else.
  8. Or learn to be ambidextrous!! :bball: :hockey:
  9. I am just so glad she is okay and has not considered suicide to end it all following such a horrific injury. :)

But I suppose that amount of money should help her find a new career. In something like setting up a company in 'how to extort money from your boss.'
  10. Kinnell couldn't make it up could you, :tp: :tp: :pottytrain5:
  11. AAC is a Civil Servant, perhaps he could sue for being Limp Wristed. :bball:
  12. Do you think I can claim as I have an RSI and its this mattress on my back, have been carrying it around for years........
    or how about the salt water activated knees that keep repeatly hurt every time the word sea is mentioned.
  13. She deserved it if you 'read between the lines'.

This is ghost rider requesting a fly past.......
  14. Remember reading about some policewoman recieving 250,000 quid for slight deafness in one ear from wearing those ear pieces.

I recived two thousand for tinnitus and have buzzing in the head all day long. I kid thee not!!!