RAF chief Sir Simon Bryant in warning over Libya

The RAF seem to be upset that all this time away from home living in hotels in Italy is having an adverse effect on morale and is eating into their harmony guidelines. Poor fuckers...

BBC News - RAF chief Sir Simon Bryant in warning over Libya

To quote ACM Bryant

Morale remains fragile. Although fighting spirit remains positive, this assessment will be challenged by individual harmony targets as Operation Ellamy [in Libya] endures [after September].
Borrowed from NG:

Originally Posted by Hansard 11 Feb 2009 The Royal Navy guidelines determine that personnel spend, on average, 60 per cent. of their time deployed and 40 per cent. alongside in their home port during a three-year period. The maximum individual threshold (separated service) is 660 days away from their normal place of work in the same three year period. [i.e. an average of 220 days per year away from base]

The Army guidelines determine that soldiers can be deployed for one six-month tour in every 30 months (six on, 24 off) and during that 30 month period a soldier should not expect to be away from his or her normal place of work for more than a total of 415 days. [i.e. an average of 166 days per year away from base]

The Royal Air Force guidelines determine that personnel should not spend more than 280 days in every 24 months away from their normal place of duty. [i.e. an average of 140 days per year away from base]
Spare a thought for Perce stuck in a compound in Afghanistan you poor, hard done-by, sideways walking cunts...

Perhaps the Southern Italian food is the cause of the RAF "running hot".
This is Scunthorpe 20 June 2011 said:
THE father of a serviceman has told how his son has been served rotten food while engaged in military action as part of the Libyan campaign.

During a debate on the Armed Forces Bill, Brigg MP Andrew Percy said the un-named dad, whose son is based in Italy as part of the Libya campaign, had been to see him to discuss the treatment of his son and other servicemen and women stationed abroad.

Speaking on the floor of the House Of Commons, the Conservative MP said: "I needed no more evidence of how a great deal remains to be done on our treatment of our military, but I received some when a constituent came to see me a couple of weeks ago. "His son is a ground crew-man who is working as part of Operation Ellamy in Italy.

"My constituent informed me, against the wishes of his son, that service personnel were continuing to be served rotten food and that they had insufficient computers to make contact with their families back home." Mr Percy said: "My constituent's son had complained about being served rotten oranges.

"He also said the diet was very unvaried and consisted mainly of pasta, as a result of which family members had been sending out food parcels to supplement his diet...

Interesting though that both the Senior and Junior Services seem to be singing from the same hymnsheet while General Richards runs blindly on with the "party line" - just waiting now for one of CDSs senior underlings to break ranks and put the final nail in the coffin - come on one of you (or is it a bridge too far while the only brown players are AAC (and they don't really count)

Blue touch paper lit, standing well back!

"my constituent informed me, against the wishes of his son, that service personnel were continuing to be served rotten food and that they had insufficient computers to make contact with their families back home." mr percy said: "my constituent's son had complained about being served rotten oranges.

"he also said the diet was very unvaried and consisted mainly of pasta, as a result of which family members had been sending out food parcels to supplement his diet...
argggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!