RAF base evacuated

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Oct 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2 years ago.......
  2. Silver Fox,

I was tempted to blame the 2nd class post; but the story has only been reported now due to the "Findings of an investigation released following a Freedom of Information request."
  3. And no one got a, er...rocket for it? :D
  4. Although I am the first to point out the Junior Services weaknesses, this is totally and Army f**k up. Typical papers, "its an aircraft" must be RAF!!!

RAF propaganda "gone wrong this time"

Hopefully a crab fat worked in the post office!! must be the weak link!!!
  5. Two stories widely published in national newspaper today, one of which mistakes the Royal Navy Air Station at Yeovilton for an RAF base while the other states that a helicopter only flown by the Army is flown by the RAF. This article in The Sun even captions a photo of a Chinook (big helo with two rotors and only flown by the RAF) as an Apache (little helo with one rotor and only flown by the Army). Furthermore, Wattisham hasn't been an RAF base since it was taken over by the Army 17 years ago.

No wonder none of them has anything sensible to say about SDSR.
  6. NG

I'm still getting a fair bit of amusement from this journalist's assertion that a student has been able to spend a few days on the nuclear submarine, HMS Sultan!

7. All down to that "Freedom of Information" Act:

The authorities are obliged to provide the "Information" and the journos then have the "Freedom" of the press to distort those basic facts.

The Fourth Estate? More like a Fourth-rate Estate. :roll: