Radio Supervisor & Communications Yeoman Job Descriptions

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by sailorpopeye, Aug 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Don't have long left in and cannot find anywhere the old JD's for the RS and CY and was hoping someone out there still had a copy of them as I am trying to put a CV together. Any help would be greatful.
  2. The 'old' descriptions would be of very little use nowadays mate. I still have mine somewhere and its totally out of date with today's world of comms.
  3. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

are your old RoRRs page 1s not sufficient? or it's modern equivalent?
  4. Re: Radio Supervisor & Communications Yeoman Job Description

You would be better saying what you were aiming for in civvy street and asking for assistance on skills crossover and conversion from mob to civvy speak.

Most of the answers may even be useful :wink:
  5. Surely you can remember what you used to do as a comms senior rate. Try C school at Collingwood.
  6. Re: Radio Supervisor & Communications Yeoman Job Description

The RNCA might be able to suggest something, I suppose:
  7. Officially, even morse died out ten years ago:
  8. Re: Radio Supervisor & Communications Yeoman Job Description

Potential civvy employers generally don't have any interest in RN job descriptions. The trick is to convert everything into civvy speak.

CTP courses before you leave hint at this and I was fortunate to get some very good CV advice on my MCSE resettlement course although I don't know if this would be the case across the board.