Radio 4 Tuesday 16th "Whats the point of the RAF?"

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, Aug 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At least the radically pro-Army and anti-RN (A cowardly Navy) Max Hastings will have another service in his narrow-vision sights for a change. As for Geoff Hoon...
  2. What a balanced selection. Yer man Collins will never undestand military aviation for as long as he has a hole in his bum. A pretty average BJ, in that respect.
  3. I missed this broadcast but am amazed that Radio 4 made a programme with a title I find I am uttering every single day!! If this carries on look out for further broadcasts including 'Tornado aircrew what a bunch of c***s' and as I am currently in 'theatre' 'Look at the gay t***s in their French desert cam'
  4. The "great show on Tuesday" is today; at least on this planet. [​IMG]
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As always, I'll sit on the the fence and remain completely neutral.

I will however observe that the self-appointed universaly despised military historian Max Hastings is a complete and utter ******** of zero validity in anything military.

Nothing personal, mind.
  6. Well, you lot should have been nicer to him during the Falklands. It's your own fault :wink:
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Fair one. At least he doesn't bear 28 year grudges eh? :wink:
  8. There is of course a wider issue here.

If we get rid of the RAF, the polyester industry in the UK will go tits up, we will have nowhere to send the fat bullied kids with no GCSE's. Chavs that do have GCSE's will no longer have an Officer corps to join and will take up crime. The fruit machine industry will also fall into decline, seing as though every RAF mess has about twelve of them. Loadies will end up working at Heathrow and our holidays will be forever fucked.

Plus, it's bad enough having the RAF reg hanging around outside the EFI harassing bystanders, imagine them doing it jobless, outside the Spar up and down the country. I bet they'd still wear a chest rig though.

So the wider social issue is apparent, think of the RAF as community service for fat / useless / classless / gay cunts, it keeps them off the streets at least.
  9. Welcome back Monty :D
  10. If only they'd let him stand on a bridge wing of a Capital ship wearing a Duffle coat and white roll neck jumper with a pipe gripped between his teeth yelling for his kye and snorkers, we wouldn't have to endure his sneering BS.
  11. Ditto :D
  12. Anybody hear it? I got sidetracked and missed it.
  13. Certain commentators were promoting the RAF as the most appropriate organisation to engage in cyberwarfare as it already provides the 'nerds' controlling UAVs from distant control centres. A fair bit of discussion about this on ARRSE in the following threads:

Discussing the case for disbanding the RAF
    What's the point of the RAF?

Listen again at