Radio 4 Tuesday 16th "Whats the point of the RAF?"

I missed this broadcast but am amazed that Radio 4 made a programme with a title I find I am uttering every single day!! If this carries on look out for further broadcasts including 'Tornado aircrew what a bunch of c***s' and as I am currently in 'theatre' 'Look at the gay t***s in their French desert cam'

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
As always, I'll sit on the the fence and remain completely neutral.

I will however observe that the self-appointed universaly despised military historian Max Hastings is a complete and utter ******** of zero validity in anything military.

Nothing personal, mind.

Ninja_Stoker said:

I will however observe that the self-appointed military historian Max Hastings is a complete and utter ******** of zero validity in anything military.

Nothing personal, mind.
Well, you lot should have been nicer to him during the Falklands. It's your own fault :wink:

G

guestm

There is of course a wider issue here.

If we get rid of the RAF, the polyester industry in the UK will go tits up, we will have nowhere to send the fat bullied kids with no GCSE's. Chavs that do have GCSE's will no longer have an Officer corps to join and will take up crime. The fruit machine industry will also fall into decline, seing as though every RAF mess has about twelve of them. Loadies will end up working at Heathrow and our holidays will be forever fucked.

Plus, it's bad enough having the RAF reg hanging around outside the EFI harassing bystanders, imagine them doing it jobless, outside the Spar up and down the country. I bet they'd still wear a chest rig though.

So the wider social issue is apparent, think of the RAF as community service for fat / useless / classless / gay cunts, it keeps them off the streets at least.

Montigny-La-Palisse said:

If we get rid of the RAF, the polyester industry in the UK will go tits up, we will have nowhere to send the fat bullied kids with no GCSE's. Chavs that do have GCSE's will no longer have an Officer corps to join and will take up crime. The fruit machine industry will also fall into decline, seing as though every RAF mess has about twelve of them. Loadies will end up working at Heathrow and our holidays will be forever fucked.

Plus, it's bad enough having the RAF reg hanging around outside the EFI harassing bystanders, imagine them doing it jobless, outside the Spar up and down the country. I bet they'd still wear a chest rig though.

So the wider social issue is apparent, think of the RAF as community service for fat / useless / classless / gay cunts, it keeps them off the streets at least.
Welcome back Monty :D

JonnoJonno said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

I will however observe that the self-appointed military historian Max Hastings is a complete and utter ******** of zero validity in anything military.

Nothing personal, mind.
Well, you lot should have been nicer to him during the Falklands. It's your own fault :wink:
If only they'd let him stand on a bridge wing of a Capital ship wearing a Duffle coat and white roll neck jumper with a pipe gripped between his teeth yelling for his kye and snorkers, we wouldn't have to endure his sneering BS.

Joint_Force_Harrier said:
Montigny-La-Palisse said:

Welcome back Monty :D
Ditto :D

Joint_Force_Harrier said:
Anybody hear it? I got sidetracked and missed it.
Certain commentators were promoting the RAF as the most appropriate organisation to engage in cyberwarfare as it already provides the 'nerds' controlling UAVs from distant control centres. A fair bit of discussion about this on ARRSE in the following threads:

Discussing the case for disbanding the RAF
What's the point of the RAF?

Listen again at www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00td8zs/Whats_the_Point_of_..._Series_3_The_RAF