Radio 4: The Museum Of Curiosity - Admiral Lord West

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Nov 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Admiral Lord West appeared on this Radio 4 programme last week.

He had to bring an appropriate item for the Museum of Curiosity so he brought something naval - you can find out what he has brought with him just before the 25 minute point in the programme.

He spins a dit to loud applause at about 6 minutes but speaks at length, following an introduction, at 11 minutes, to the great amusement of the audience. He chips in between 17 and 20 minutes.

The whole programme is funny and interesting but just dip into those sections if you're short of time and just want to hear what Admiral Lord West said.

BBC iPlayer - The Museum of Curiosity: Series 4: Harry Enfield, Alan West Lord West of Spithead, Lucie Green

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As a closet Radio 4 listener (Just a minute, Sorry I haven't a clue, Bleak Expectations, Museum of Curiosity, etc - they are programmes not my irrational thought process, by the way) I thought Banjo came across very well - a good listen if you missed it.

3. A public apology is overdue already. I was listening at the time of the broadcast and his comments were not smart and not funny.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Apology accepted.

As he's not First Sea Lord anymore and was speaking for himself, surely he only need apologise if he offended anyone or didn't shake their hand afterwards?

If he did offend, I must've missed that bit, but fully agree anyone who tells crap jokes should formally apologise. In writing. In triplicate.

5. Thanks for that Sol, absolutly first class, "Jack" at his funniest.:thumbup: