Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race row parents called to meeting

onI was expecting him to be called Ryan or Jordan, but Rocky also screams EBD (Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties).
A good Head will only ask a parent to come into school if a worrying pattern of behaviour is beginning to form. If the schools four and five year olds are expressing the prejudices and attitudes of racist, bigoted and nasty parents the Head must act. It more than likely began with the Head wanting to get the parents to agree that some behaviours are wholly imnappropriate.
I wonder how it got into the local press? They were bound to label it a 'Race Row'. They'll be happy now.

If I'd been christened Rocky, I think I would probably spit a lot as well! The moral is, clearly, Rocky should only pick on white kids.

Interesting comment on there from Rocky's dad.

What person calls a child Rocky? Now Tarquinius (my friend likes to called Tarquin, for the record) is of quite acceptable, but Rocky? (I'm being ironic here).

I tentavely support the Headmistress here. Research carried out into sectarianism in Northern Ireland has shown that young children do start showing signs of prejudice from an early age and it is vital for this kind of behaviour to be challenged as early as possible. I recall it's called zero tolerance. The only question I might ask, having read the boy's father's explanation, is whether the spitting at the 10 year old was actually racist in character or the 4 year old was merely retailating or copying the behaviour of an older child? I presume there are facts known to the school which indicated that this was a racist incident and not merely a younger child emulating the actions of an older child. If the 10 year old has been spitting at the 4 year old, for example, is there anything to suggest his behaviour was racist? Ultimately this matter should not have been reported by the media and both minors' names held back to protect them.

Right, time to don my oilskins before the spitting begins.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slim Race chief may quit in row over Brown's all white Cabinet Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Faith, Race and Hate Crime Grants scheme announces £1.8 million in project support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities: 16 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COP26 President speech at Race to Zero campaign launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Race and the City: from demonstrations to data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extension puts RACE in pole position to lead robotics innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The race is on! Showcase your success stories at the National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British equine exports race ahead as Grand National looks to draw record overseas viewers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: GLD named one of UK’s Best Employers for Race MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Race to change the face of the diplomatic civil service MoD News 0
soleil Forces Network News: "Will It Race? Royal Navy Engineers Inspire Young Talent" Bases / Shore Est 1
taffscrivs Castle Combe Race Circuit Motoring 4
Wightsparker Today! The Oxford v Cambridge Goat Race Miscellaneous 8
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces' double win at UK Race Equality Awards MoD News 0
soleil Liverpool Echo: "Messing About On The River - Volunteers Needed For Raft Race Fun" The Gash Barge 0
scouse This years Tall Ships Race History 1
soleil Telegraph: "Endurance Race Organiser Admits He Lied About Being An Ex-Royal Marine" The Corps 0
scouse Wonder which Sir has sponsored this race at Devon and Exeter today Diamond Lil's 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp International submarine race takes place in UK Submariners 4
MoD_RSS Prince William honours Service personnel's Antarctic race Current Affairs 0
finknottle Royal Marine pair to make history in canoe race The Corps 4
RachelC Race to the Pole Charity 1
soleil Sidmouth Herald: "Shell Shock! Bomb Squad Race To Sidmouth Auctioneers" Bases / Shore Est 25
trelawney126 Illustrious to start the Clipper Race Travel & The Great Outdoors 0
soleil Mail: "Soldier Who Lost Legs In Taliban Blast Takes Part In Ultimate Endurance Race" The Corps 2
soleil Daily Echo: "HMS Illustrious To Mark Start Of Clipper Round The World Race" The Fleet 0
mcreature Mixed race family. Nautical Jokes 0
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Back In The Race For Historic Field Gun Contest" Bases / Shore Est 0
X.R.D Race completed. Thanks.......... Charity 4
finknottle Ed Miliband wins Labour leadership race Current Affairs 50
RachelC The RBL & Scouting for Girls at the Doncaster Race Day! Charity 1
NotmeChief Superb pics Submarine Race Submariners 12
X.R.D 10k race in aid of Royal Marines Benevolent Fund Charity 184
dabbzie Race for life 2010 Health & Fitness 2
NotmeChief Is this a race? The Internet - Best and Worst 16
soleil New charity helps wounded Forces personnel to race at Cowes Sports and Adventure Training 0
21_Man Steve Race History 2
scouse 892 Tooms daily mail air race 40th The Fleet Air Arm 0
rosinacarley Race For Life Charity 19
I BLESMA - Bootneck Charity Race The Corps 1
I BLESMA - Bootneck Charity Race Charity 0
RNFLUNKY Salon Culinaire Sandown Race Course 29th-31st Oct DUTY TRIP! The Quarterdeck 2
function TV programme -Thames shipwrecks.a race against time 26.8.08 History 16
scouse Clipper 07-08 Round the World Yacht Race Current Affairs 1
H Race For Life (Cancer) - Please Sponsor Kathy Charity 2
toycommandos Boat Race Current Affairs 4
N Race for Life Sports and Adventure Training 0
rosinacarley Race for Life Charity 12
slim Human race will 'split into two different species' Diamond Lil's 37
F 250KM ARCTIC RACE FOR LIMBLESS EX-SERVICEMEN'S CHARITY Charity 14