Race For Life

Discussion in 'Charity' started by rosinacarley, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good burgers of RumRation, yet again I should like to tell you that I am doing Race for Life, Portsmouth 19 July. Any sponsorship would be greatly appreciated.

This year we are doing it in tutus and wings, and there will be less of me than there was last year!

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Why? You having a dump before you start? :lol:
  3. The only problem with this system is you pay upfront, so it you don't take part, they still keep your money.
  4. Believe me, I will do it, and there will be photos of girlies in lycra and tutus and wings to prove it! This will be my fifth RFL and so far I have raised over £1000 much of it from the kind people of this and the other(!) site.

Thanks for the peeps that have sponsored me so far, and if you would prefer, please wait until after the Race.
  5. Do any of those nice ladies shop at tescos? which branch......just asking ,I have no intention of making advances or looking down their decollage or any of that sort of filthy behavior.........
  6. 4to8 - that was the 2008 run. All of the ladies in the picture above are lawyers! Except the one at the back on the right - she is an accountant!
  7. I'll sponsor you, but I expect you to return the favour when I do the Great North for Hols4Heroes. :p
  8. I should be delighted MLP, but I will also expect phots of you in lycra negative tutu.
  9. That can be arranged no worries.
  10. fnarr fnarr :D
  11. Don't encourage him RD, please. He thinks he is funny and really talk about poo is all a bit childish don't you think at his age??!! :wink:
  12. sgtpepperband

Probably younger than you, though! I'm sure there's a name for women like you... :shock: :lol:
  13. I've belonged to the same race all my life.
  14. I'll sponser if you can guarantee that none of it gets spent on that fat ugly slag Goody.
  15. sgtpepperband

Hmm, fat and ugly she may be. "Slag" is you opinion. However she has cancer, and is therefore entitled to have her illness treated in the same way as any other sufferer...

Anyway, as far as I am aware, the money raise by "Race For Life" goes to Cancer Research, rather than the sufferers themselves (MacMillan Nurses is the appropriate charity if you would like to donate to the care and support of cancer sufferers).

16. First you were being a 'EDITED FOR FOUL LANGUAGE' and gave the arrogant/immature replies above, and now you quote someone else who was speaking in the same manner as you and act differently so you could rant him off. Why? I think your one of those people who have 'EDITED FOR FOUL LANGUAGE' to say stuff like that to peoples faces so you come on here and do it, hence the complete change of views to suit your mood at the time to how you want to talk to people, in all of the threads you've posted on. Grow up, get a grip, get a life and most of all 'EDITED FOR FOUL LANGUAGE' - Maybe then you will be able to talk to people in real life how you want to instead of being a troll here.
  17. sgtpepperband

Mod Mode ON:

Quate: Hmm, easy tiger! My comment hardly seems like a rant? I was merely trying to prevent this thread turning into a tirade of abuse against Jade Goody. If you - or anyone else - wants to discuss her, there are appropriate topics elsewhere.

The rules regard the content of what you can and cannot post in threads is well advertised; if you want to sling abuse please take it away from the Charity thread.

If you wish to discuss the matter further, please PM me and I can educate you about who I am and what I do for a living...

Mod Mode OFF

Anyway back on topic - well done Rosina. Money donated accordingly... :thumright:
  18. I wasn't talking about this thread only, what you posted here was just another that I'd seen..

LOL, what.. Officer in Command of the most hardcore SBS platoon?
  19. sgtpepperband

QUATE8203: Stop trying to hijack this thread. See my previous regarding RR rules. Charity threads should contain charity-related posts. Diamond Lil's for this tone of banter; but my posts/comments in other threads are not up for discussion in this one... :evil:
  20. and there is a name for blokes like you. MARRIAGE BREAKER!! (thanks for the sms tonight)