R.N. 4000 short

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by epsom salt, Oct 17, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The RN spent the largest amount of money on advertising, but recruited the fewest people. The Army and Air Force recruited far more.
    Why do you think this is?

• Old Old x 1
    • Braindead Braindead x 1
  2. Links to prove your point?

3. Cancel my last, I've sussed it.

Too many Captains RN and messmen blocking the doors to AFCO's

• Like Like x 3
  4. No one has suggested a reason yet. Could it be that the RN has lost its charm and appeal. Who in their right mind would want to be seen in that ridiculous sailors' suit. Come on, admit it's really quite laughable.

5. Post a link or **** off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Post a link to what? Google it!

7. Thick as mince , you still have not fathomed out how to use the quote function , as Ballistic noted you should FRO.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You've made a statement. Back it up with evidence.

9. All too much for me I accept. The Quote Function. Cybernetics does it for me I'm afraid.

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  10. Did, old news 1 year plus

11. There you are then.

12. So you're talking bollocks again Norman.

13. I wouldn't join up now - no rum, no bum, no baccy and no Bellbottoms.

14. They're not--hence the 4000 few.

15. To be fair, gaps are good. If we were fully manned I wouldn't have gone from Lt to Cdr in 4 years. 20 hour week, no sea time and 3 kids at Millfield. Cheers pusser.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Were you one of the many perambulating in your finery. Tinsel and gold braid galore?

17. Handed in my tinsel after my ADC's job, but was given an extra stripe and some scrambled egg for my cap by way of recompense. Alas I don't get to wear uniform in my current job, but I make sure everyone knows their place...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Quite right. Superiority stands supreme.

19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The RN, as at July 2015 is about 840 under its liability. The RM is about 450 over the manning liability, leaving the RN & RM combined, 390 under its total manning liability of 30, 270: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...0810_RN_RM_Service_Quarterly_Pocket_Brief.pdf

The 3-4000 figure that Norman is wibbling about is due to the fact the politicians cut the manpower too much at the last SDSR, leaving us with an operational requirement without the manpower to deliver. The knock-on effect is this shortfall makes people leave faster than we can recruit. The recruiting field force was cut by 25% nationally, at the last SDSR also. My region was cut by 40%, but is soon to be only 20% down with a projected doubling of recruiting targets to make good the mistakes of the last SDSR. Such is life.

RN recruiting figures aren't down in relation to the government target at present and our recruiting targets are considerably smaller than the Army/Army Reserves, who number three times as many personnel but who are struggling to recruit, nevertheless. The RAF has seen a fall in recruiting figures.

Numerically the other services recruit more personnel but they need more. It's a bit like "Little cow -far away. Big cow - near" Maybe a little too complex for our Norm.

• Like Like x 2