Quo Vadis Tam?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Jan 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .
    Tucked away in another thread Poor Finknottle has been issued with his P45: http://www.navy-net.co.uk/gash-barg...ce-harry-completes-tour-duty-afghanistan.html

For a 'symathetic'/light-hearted look at why/how & what's next for his OH, Tam, I gained inspiration from Rum Rat's musings last summer, summarising an earlier Tam/Fink dilemma: http://www.navy-net.co.uk/gash-barge/66614-i-am-who-he.html

Enjoy/endure this paltry offering as you find it

From the final verse of that poem, above:

Tragedy dear RR readers, has just besmote one ‘o those cantank’rus bleeders.
    So a coda is due, this tale to renew - for the sakes of all bottom feeders.

...then Tam-twin lurked in the back seat, no post has he made ever since,
    But Monty did sin, threw a crass remark in; which caused Finknottle to wince.

Quoth he:

'Those anciens (wi’ mere comfort-years, rummed-up on a placid sea)
    know nothing, they, of perils we brave - frontline ‘gainst “Terry the T”.

Your 'pinions thus are insigniff mush to each of us bold derring-doers.’
    (His putdown implied a sneering aside - “ye sons of cowardly who-ers”)

Now wise old Guzzler; his calm response I must emphasise here within verse,
    Umbrage well o’er due, yet he didn’t stew – responding with quite the reverse.

But Finks flashed up in his righteousness – snatched at the tastily baited,
    Serious turned Venom swift; wi’ sarcastics ‘mongst long mutual hatred.

Such Hullabaloo! Cue up him in blue – Reggy’s whistle was hastily blain,
    No period of calm nor warning of harm ‘fore Cutlass chopp’d Fink-Tam a’twain.

Alas Finks is now banned by that Sergeant’s cruel hand;
    for a seemingly mild-ish transgression.

But what now of twin, Tam;
    Will he poke off with his man?

…Or return:

Fresh from his counterpart’s lesson?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Maybe I thinks, he will come back as finks,
    When the pigs calms down from his hissy,
    Finks is innocent you see, and its obvious to me,
    Sycophantic behaviour is pissy,
    Impartial moderation, or aggressive participation,
    I think you will judge it's the latter,
    And deep in his heart he knows he's Monty's tart,
    Like the Trash can man on the batter.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

What's happened, has Finks thrown a tantrum?
  4. Crayoned, asked to get banned, got banned.
  5. Rose to the bait, joined in the crayoning, on came the three amigos off went finks
  6. tiddlyoggy

Banned? Dopey fucker, I'll look for it later.
  7. White Knight?, I'm sure all on here are capable of standing up for themselves, if they cant, not my problem, what I'm saying is its a bit hypocritical for some who sling shit and abuse to mount their high horses and express gasp horror when others do it, as for his daring/derring do, you're right, fancy getting that wrong eh.
  8. He did a 'dare you to ban me' and got his bluff called. No-one asked for him to be banned, he did it himself. Besides, he's got fifty logins anyway in order to back himself up and troll people the weird, cock juggling prick so don't cry your self to sleep about it too much, he'll be back in minutes few.
  9. Is he back yet
  10. He didnt dare anybody to ban him, he said, whats it to be, suspended or banned, that IMO should have drawn a, dont tempt me and behave yourself or you may get your wish, and that goes for the rest of you, but the person he aimed this remark at was,seemingly, only too pleased to ban him without a caution. As I said to your oppo, I'm not defending anyone, and I've been around too long to let shit slinging, or dribble and piss if you like, annoy me
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Same thing, he got his bluff called. Besides, It's more than likely accumulation rather than that comment. He's been trolling the boards for years with his 50 different logins.

Besides, I was under the impression that moderators can't actually ban a member, the COs have to do that.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  12. I dont think calling some ones bluff is justification for exclusion, and if there is a reason, then it should be made clear not left to assumtion, that would stop people like me jumping to the conclusion that this was about personalities and not infringing the rules.
  13. Again, I am happy to be corrected but it is my understanding that only the COs can impose a ban.
  14. It is fair to say that over the years that Finks has in the past posted a fair bit of dribble but let he who is without sin cast the first stone.He also stands accused of sock puppetry a technique not unknown to one of those who points the finger in times gone by.There has been for some time a small bunch of posters who happily crayon over any thread to get at finks and justify it by saying finks wound them up.One of the small group,who is also a MOD, we are led to believe has excluded Finks after what was basically a grammatical error argument that got out of hand.
    Has finks had a rough deal or has he had it coming and this was the straw that broke the camel's back?
  15. When I see a spat developing between you, Finks and others I tend to move on, 'cos its usually the same old same old so I couldnt say who is abusing who, but if you are saying this was down to a clash of personalities then that should cast more doubt on the validity of his ban, (if he is banned)and the suitability of your mate to be a MOD
  16. tiddlyoggy

I don't agree with much of what Finks writes, but to be honest, I don't think he's done anything to deserve a ban. Unless there is something about this "daring-do" that I am missing in a big way, there has been far worse said on here by many others, probably myself included. There, that's my two penn'orth.
    By the way, Sterling seems to be absent from place of. Given his health can be shaky, has anyone heard from him?
  17. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Any Mod can ban someone. Cool shit eh. :)
  18. Then as I said, I'm happily corrected. Now, go ban the MOD RSS feed.
  19. Fuck me a kiwi with attitude and power.
    Now there's something nasty waiting to happen.
  20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Australia day was yesterday, normal tolerance levels for Ozzies are restored today. :)