Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by mazza_magoo, Aug 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it me, or has it gone very quiet in here all of a sudden?......
  2. Shhh! You might wake them!
  3. What does IIRC mean?
  4. If I Recall Correctly?
  5. We could always ask for an update on the "R" situation...
  6. If you mean the "R"s on officers' cuffs... I don't think that has got much past the vote in units to see what people think of it.

I went to Raleigh at the end of June for the 2 week NE course and they were still putting the RNR flash on the blue suits - they said nothing official had come out about stopping that (and they weren't expecting anything soonish).
  7. Thanks shakey, been wondering about that for ages.....
  8. i'll probably use that now i know what it means
  9. If you really want to baffle 'em see:

this has a few txt abbreviations.

10. Cheers whitemouse, just gotta be sure i don't baffle meself! :? :oops:
  11. try being a loggie, we get to deal with everyone's abr. for god's sake we are the Royal Navy Reserve Marine Operations Branch (Command)(Logistics).....or MOBComLog so that's NOT a good start and don't start me about the Pongoes list of abr......arrrrrrrrgh :!: it can be as bad as a 14 yr old using txt spk :roll: :lol: oh yeah and the crabs use completely different ones as well, some where here I've got a list of 1900 "commonly used" ones we're supposed to know...........

sorry rant over :wink:
  12. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

DILLIGAF ? :)
  13. One of the Dabber's messes on my last ship had that in 3 inch high letters across the back of their mess T shirts from the deployment last year. I still don't think the jimmy knows what it's about - the shirt's look like authentic Sri Lankan cricket tops!!!
  14. DILIGAF = Do I Look Like I Give A F*ck