quick question

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by chrismccaff, Aug 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Just a quick question about inhalors, I have been given one today but not beacause of asthma just basically to keep with me incase i struggle with my breathing, will this affect my application or will i be okay??

Thanks

2. Big problem. Unusual for one to be prescribed unless you have wheeze on your chest (on stethoscope examination). Need to know why you have it - and need to ensure your peak flow is normal. It should have been checked before the prescription was written.

This is potentially a world of pain I'm afraid.

3. Well he did examine my chest after i told him that sometimes i have to really fight to catch a breath, he also dont a peak flow test and it was in the 400's but he didnt really explain if that was good or bad! I will have to speak to my own G.P on monday to actually find out what the problem is before i action it

Thanks

4. I'll leave this to angrydoc but without knowing age and height I can't say what is normal or not.

At 27 and 5'10 my "normal" guide value I believe was 630 and I blew 708 so no worries.

Either way this is going to be picked up at the medical stage if not before.

5. If all that shit CURES asthma, why did they invent inhalers? You don't own a market garden by any chance, I suppose the leeches will be next!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nah, I reckon it's United Utilities promoting water consumption.

Erosion in other words.

7. Funnily enough anything Fabian is named after the Roman general Fabius Maximus (nicknamed "Cunctator", meaning "the Delayer").

Not sure they spelt the nickname correctly.

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Quiet day Wrecks?

9. Fabian could also be a reference to Fabianism. However, anybody with any association to Fabianism need (without anaesthetic) a shoulder blade ripped out and then strapped to an also torn out femur to create a rudimentary pick helve. This pick helve shoud then be used to hack apart the skull of the donor themselves.

Welcome to the Fabian Society - The Fabian Society

10. Funny you should say that!!

11. Fabian is a reference to Fabianism which stems from the Roman general Fabius who employed a softly softly approach instead of head-on battles (or wimp if you prefer).

He preferred avoiding direct action but harrassing and attacking the supply trains and foraging and advance parties to wear down the enemy over time.

Jeeeez I've been bored today!!