Quick Question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Alex968, Jun 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry for adding to the clutter but i couldn't find a relevant answer with the search function.

Just wanted to know how long would people say they had to wait to receive the date for their medical?

I sat my Rt for AET passed that and sent in my application form a month later as i annoyingly had to wait for passport :(

I sent in my application about a month and a half ago and still no word on medical date, i assume this is because of the large volume of people needing examinations just wondering how long my wait for the medical would be.

I was told that i would have my medical as soon as possible but they would wait on the interview and PJFT till they actually needed AET's.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As AET is a long wait, we're using "Recruiting Agility" at present which means that the next stage of the selection process maybe several months after sitting the test.

Those applying for shortage trades are being processed first. For those applying for trades with a wait in excess of 12 months, the "clock" starts when you pass the test. Different AFCOs may conduct elements of selection in a different order but it should not hinder your entry into the service.

Those under 18 or over 30 years of age need to re-take the medical examination after 12 months anyway, which also tends to bump-up the cost. You need a passport as a condition of entry into the service - you don't need one to actually apply initially.

3. What has your AFCO said about it?

4. Tommo, i havn't spoken to my AFCO about it as i assumed if there was anything wrong they would have rung me and so it must just be an issue of waiting for it so didn't want to bother them!

Ninja, thanks for that seems like i will just have to sit tight then!

5. If unsure always ask your AFCO, it's their job. It's just lucky we have two on here, however they don't know all the answers as they don't deal with everyone's cases.

6. Ring your own careers advisor, he will be able to let you know what's happening.

SM

:)

7. Mario, i haven't been given a careers advisor nor a singular persons number simply just the AFCO's number as a whole

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just ring Brighton afco and ask if you may speak to the careers adviser who isn't as ugly, they'll know who you mean. :wink:

9. alex

when you get to sultan knock on the DO's door and just ask for the **** me stunningly good looking chieffy with the mother of all sized knobs, six pack extrordinaire with the blond 17 year old pnuematic titted jenny sucking him off in the corner after failing her exams.

they'll know who you mean

ps can you make it before 12 as i'm normally on make a mend every pm

10. You've got a knob the same size as your mum's! I'd like to see that (but my eyesight is failing with age, making it difficult to see small things).