Quick Question :)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Celeron, Apr 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I started the application process in September '09 for ET(WE). I'm currently stuck in the medical stage, having it referred to Portsmouth or something...
    Say my medical was cleared, and I sucessfully passed the Fitness and Interview, what would the waiting time be like as I've heard mixed views. Some have said that the 'clock' starts ticking from when I sat the RT, and others have said it starts after the Interview?
    Can anyone clear that up for me?

2. I think that the waiting time is suspended until you complete the delayed section of the application process, in your case the medical. Pretty sure your waiting time will start from when you pass the medical.

Standing by to be corrected...

I'm sure one of the mods will be along shortly to answer your question.

3. Pretty sure ruby's correct mate :)

4. pretty sure they're right. But when my medical was referred to Portsmouth it was only for a week so it wasn't so bad. I think it depends on whether or not you are declared unfit for service or temporarily unfit for service.

5. I had the medical in November and I'm still waiting for news. So having already waited about 5 months, I'm not looking forward to another long wait..

6. Celeron,

i was in the same position as you a few months back. I had to wait about 3-4 months to get a date for my medical in Gosport. Unfortunately this waiting peroid will be on top of the waiting peroid from your rt test. Good luck with the medical mate

7. I was in the same position, my medical referal took 2 months then got my date 3 months later, applied november 08 and going to raleigh in 3 weeks.

8. I was told by my recruiter about an hour ago that the clock starts from the RT being passed

9. Yeah it does scouse, but when there is a problem with the any aspect of the selection process and the application is put on pause, any time incured during this pause is added on!

If I'm wrong ninja or SM can come correct me ;)

10. Ah i think i get what the OP meant now. For most of us the process proceeds how ever fast/slow the recruiters feel necessary and clock starts after RT. But if theres a problem at any stage with you app (example......issues with medical etc) The clock stops and you get moved to one side of the waiting liost until its sorted n ya then start waiting again.

Me right? lol

11. ditto i started my appliaction oct 08! and mty medical was referred for the same period!

12. 99% sure that's right mate :D

13. Il have a week or so's delay after i pass the RT then lol. Gotta transfer my app up to the Liverpool AFCO when I move back home. Still, alls good

14. So say my medical was past, which waiting time would apply to me, September '09 or now? And if anyone has any idea what it would be...?

Thanks

15. Best thing id suggest you do is assume that its from your RT, keep the fitness up while you wait, maybe get some money saved and dont let yourself get disheartened by the often maddening waiting times. :)

OR

Give your Recruiter a shout and check.