quick question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by burnsy85, Jan 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how will i know my security clearance has come through, will i get a letter through the post or will my CA get intouch with me?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally speaking Security Clearance takes about 8 weeks to come through for those who have resided together with their immediate relatives in the UK for the last 5 years or so.

If there is a problem, your Careers Adviser will be in touch but will not routinely advise you when it is completed. If your circumstances have changed or you have forgotten to declare something, your best bet is to notify your Careers Adviser before he/she notifies you.
  3. so i will only be notifyed if some think has come up on my security clearance?
  4. I would think if some *ahem* think comes up you'll be getting a visit from MI5.

It could get nasty.
  5. You will be "notified" on your walk to work be being bungled in a van by masked men.
  6. And a rubbered hand being inserted into your arse!
  7. Beware of men approaching you armed with just a brolly!!
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I think you maybe getting confused with Security Clearances, Selection Interviews & medical examinations.

Gloves are only used in the latter instance. :wink:
  9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

A flashback to his last journey thru customs? :wink:
  10. Thanks guys. I'm waiting on the same thing. At least I know what to expect, even though it may be utterly barmy.
  11. Customs? No just a regular Saturday night in 8O
  12. I popped in to the AFCO a month or so ago just to check that my references had been received, also asked about the security clearance, and was told that if anything was wrong or needed addressing I would be contacted, otherwise it's all good.
  13. Mine took ages to come through. My family are all English as far back as you can go, and both me my dad my mum all work for the public sector. Turns out the AFCO was on leave and forgot to sort it out before he went off.
  14. did they send you a letter to confirm your security clearance had come through or did they ring you?
  15. Any idea when they sent it off Burnsey?
  16. Good joke. :)
  17. They will not send you a letter or ring you to confirm it has come through. As has already been stated several times in this thread, your AFCO will only contact you regarding security clearance if there is a problem.
  18. just got on that then
  19. As a Toffee and obviously being a top bloke, i'm sure it will be brought round personally by the first sea lord.

Sorry mate don't know.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.
  20. only the best for evertonians haha

no worries mate