Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Question

Murph

MIA
Ive been offered the 3 day course at “HMS Caledonia Rosyth Scotlandâ€, I’ve applied for WS but don't want to work on the submarines, im just a bit worried as someone said the course is only for people who are going to be on submarines, and after speaking to other people who are applying for WS, they have not been offered it. Can anyone help me out?

Geebo

Caledonia is a course for anyone joining up no matter what their branch is. It's simply to give you a taster of what basic training will be like so that it won't be too much of a culture shock. If you are able to go I would say go for it. I was offered it but as I'm a re-entry there was no point but if i had this choice back in 04 when i first done Raleigh i think it would have helped me a lot.

Murph

MIA
Thanks Geebo.

Just had a quick search through the Forum and found some more details on it. Im going on the 25th of Jan.

chrisj09

Lantern Swinger
when are you joining? i too am WS and still waiting for my dates ( should get them soon says my CA). should be around may time i join

Murph

MIA
I haven't been given a date yet mate. I'm going on the 3 day course on the 25th of Jan. I'm going to make a phone call tomorrow and see if I can get a rough answer.

Murph

MIA
Im not to sure :? From what I've been told on here its normally offered people applying for the first time. You should enquire about it mate. People have said its well worth going on to get an insight into what basic training is like.

burnsy85

Lantern Swinger
Murph said:
Im not to sure :? From what I've been told on here its normally offered people applying for the first time. You should enquire about it mate. People have said its well worth going on to get an insight into what basic training is like.

am applying for the first time so not sure why i was not offered it

burnsy85

Lantern Swinger
chrisj09 said:
when are you joining? i too am WS and still waiting for my dates ( should get them soon says my CA). should be around may time i join

when did you start your application mate?

Murph

MIA
Erm think it was the start of october. I passed my Interview last week, thats when I was offered the course.
If we started the process at roughly the same time, depending how smooth things run, we may be at raleigh at the same time.

burnsy85

Lantern Swinger
Murph said:
Erm think it was the start of october. I passed my Interview last week, thats when I was offered the course.
If we started the process at roughly the same time, depending how smooth things run, we may be at raleigh at the same time.

probly will ya know mate, i got told i might have a 12 month wait for ws that started on 11 august but it could be sooner just waiting on the phone call

Murph

MIA
12 months 8O
I need to send my Secuity form back to them asap. I would ring up and ask about a date but im on Day shifts 6 till 6 :( so no spare time.

burnsy85

Lantern Swinger
Murph said:
12 months 8O
I need to send my Secuity form back to them asap. I would ring up and ask about a date but im on Day shifts 6 till 6 :( so no spare time.

best getin that security questinare back to them asap it will only delay your application and you will wait longer for your start date

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Those wishing to attend a Ratings Preparation Course at the Royal Navy Acquaint Centre should simply ring their Careers Adviser to ask - it's free, you meet like-minded individuals joining in the same trade, it gives a good insight & is also good fun.

Murph

MIA
Ratings Preparation Course at the Royal Navy Acquaint Centre should simply ring their Careers Adviser to ask - it's free you meet like-minded individuals joining in the same trade, it gives a good insight & is also good fun. That's what I copied from the other post

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Quick question about paying off foreign RFA 2
K Quick Question About the Navy Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Flatcapper83 Quick question? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S One quick question regarding the medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
G Quick question about raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
pompeyexpat Quick question re: Remembrance service The Quarterdeck 2
C quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
K Quick Question - What color trousers/shirts to wear at PRNC? Diamond Lil's 22
D quick question RFA 3
W Quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
B Hi guys, just a quick question regarding my eligibility to become an Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
19jw89 Quick X(SM) question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
C quick question Health & Fitness 10
C Quick question. Health & Fitness 3
C quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Illuminati Just a quick question about the royal navy these days. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
Z Just a quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S Quick Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
C Hi, just a quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
ellio quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
A Quick Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
F Quick recruitment question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Quick question... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
BillyNoMates Quick question? Diamond Lil's 6
C Quick Question :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
T Quick Officer question regarding grades Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
lloydie a quick question about War Spec. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
B just a quick question for the medical officer Health & Fitness 15