Quick Question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Murph, Nov 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive been offered the 3 day course at “HMS Caledonia Rosyth Scotlandâ€, I’ve applied for WS but don't want to work on the submarines, im just a bit worried as someone said the course is only for people who are going to be on submarines, and after speaking to other people who are applying for WS, they have not been offered it. Can anyone help me out?

2. Caledonia is a course for anyone joining up no matter what their branch is. It's simply to give you a taster of what basic training will be like so that it won't be too much of a culture shock. If you are able to go I would say go for it. I was offered it but as I'm a re-entry there was no point but if i had this choice back in 04 when i first done Raleigh i think it would have helped me a lot.

3. Thanks Geebo.

Just had a quick search through the Forum and found some more details on it. Im going on the 25th of Jan.

4. when are you joining? i too am WS and still waiting for my dates ( should get them soon says my CA). should be around may time i join

5. I haven't been given a date yet mate. I'm going on the 3 day course on the 25th of Jan. I'm going to make a phone call tomorrow and see if I can get a rough answer.

6. how come some ppl have been offered this and sum ppl havint ?

7. Im not to sure :? From what I've been told on here its normally offered people applying for the first time. You should enquire about it mate. People have said its well worth going on to get an insight into what basic training is like.

8. am applying for the first time so not sure why i was not offered it

9. when did you start your application mate?

10. Erm think it was the start of october. I passed my Interview last week, thats when I was offered the course.
    If we started the process at roughly the same time, depending how smooth things run, we may be at raleigh at the same time.

11. probly will ya know mate, i got told i might have a 12 month wait for ws that started on 11 august but it could be sooner just waiting on the phone call

12. 12 months 8O
    I need to send my Secuity form back to them asap. I would ring up and ask about a date but im on Day shifts 6 till 6 :( so no spare time.

13. best getin that security questinare back to them asap it will only delay your application and you will wait longer for your start date

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Those wishing to attend a Ratings Preparation Course at the Royal Navy Acquaint Centre should simply ring their Careers Adviser to ask - it's free, you meet like-minded individuals joining in the same trade, it gives a good insight & is also good fun.

15. There you go Burnsy.

Ill be going on the course for the 25th of Jan.

16. whats the course actualy called am guna ring up 2moro

17. Ratings Preparation Course at the Royal Navy Acquaint Centre should simply ring their Careers Adviser to ask - it's free you meet like-minded individuals joining in the same trade, it gives a good insight & is also good fun. That's what I copied from the other post