quick question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hagbag17, Jun 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i would like too know if i could join if i hsd metal pins in my hips thanks

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Metal pins in your fingers too, judging by your typing... :roll:

3. I recommend that you PM Angrydoc

He knows the crack about all the Medical stuff, as he is in Service

he might know if it is a bar, best bet to do is contact your AFCO as they will give you the difinate answer.

Do you know where your closes Branch is

Good Luck

SCARFACE

4. Was there any need ???

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Aaaw, boo hoo... :cry: :roll:

6. No, no, NOOOOOOO!

Bars serve WETS! You get pins from your local needlework shop. :roll:

7. Stop trying to stitch him up.

8. haha i av this crack at work lol. cheers for all the info

9. You rotten sew and sew :D :D

10. Hagbag17...

Are these pins as the result of a fracture? are they just in the femur (thigh bone) or through the joint? What branch would you apply for?

If its after a fracture and just in the thigh bone, one year must have passed since the pin was fitted, there must be no deformity and you must have full mobility and function of the leg. If this is the case you would be P2 (fit military service)

If it involves the joint of the pelvis and femur, you would be classed as P8 (unfit military service).

This is lifted from the Joint service publication regarding entry medicals. but let me know more gen mate and i'll get back to you with a more accurate answer.

CR

11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Its probably a no no as your metal pins would affect the magnetic compass onboard

12. Or get stuck to the bulkhead when degaussing goes off

13. Worse still you could develop severe pins and needles during make and mend! :wink:

14. Even worse than that the pins could turn into NAILS, and then you'd be................ooops wrong forum, you would become screwed. 8O :oops: :D

15. ive asked angry doc and he said if all is well i will be ok and i would like to apply for met because i am currently doing a hgv apprenticeship programme