Quick Question About the Navy Medical

KLF

Hi all,

Just a quick question:

In the medical is the urine test an observed one? Or is it just bring a sample with you? The only reason I ask this, is my bladder can go a little shy when I feel I am being watched in the act :oops: (it's unconventional I know, but that's the human brain for you). It won't be an issue when I'm actually in the forces, just rare occasions like urine tests I can sense me having difficulty with. I'd hate that this could be an issue preventing me joining, as the obvious assumption would be that I'm a junkie refusing to provide a sample, which is completely far from the case....

Appreciate any insight provided,

Many thanks

T5igger

Lantern Swinger
You may need to do further urine tests though, so if there is something you don't want detected in your urine it's probably best to stop that before you join up. Or if it is just being shy, just gotta get used to it.

G

guestm

Hi all,

Just a quick question:

In the medical is the urine test an observed one? Or is it just bring a sample with you? The only reason I ask this, is my bladder can go a little shy when I feel I am being watched in the act :oops: (it's unconventional I know, but that's the human brain for you). It won't be an issue when I'm actually in the forces, just rare occasions like urine tests I can sense me having difficulty with. I'd hate that this could be an issue preventing me joining, as the obvious assumption would be that I'm a junkie refusing to provide a sample, which is completely far from the case....

Appreciate any insight provided,

Many thanks
Stage fright eh?

It WILL be a problem in the forces. During compulsory drug testing you are watched having a piss into a pot very closely. I personally like to make sure I can see it coming out.

Failing to provide means a very, very long day sat in the seats of shame.

Hopefully that puts you at ease.

G

guestm

Yep! It's a bugger at the most inconvenient of times...
Just sing Ed Sheeran songs really loudly. Not only does this take your mind off it, but everyone will **** off out of your proximity sharpish.