Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Question about Raleigh

david-cain

Midshipman
Me and a lad i did my PEDA with both have the same Basic Training date the 29th November. Our question is how many other people will be starting then on average. as i was given 3 dates the 15th november the 21st and the 29th. so we are assuming that we will be training together? would just like some one to clarify this..
also are we aloud to take our cars down to Raleigh..
thanks alot
David
 
david-cain said:
Me and a lad i did my PEDA with both have the same Basic Training date the 29th November. Our question is how many other people will be starting then on average. as i was given 3 dates the 15th november the 21st and the 29th. so we are assuming that we will be training together? would just like some one to clarify this..
also are we aloud to take our cars down to Raleigh..
thanks alot
David

As said expect 50 to 60 to join HMS raleigh, of which approx 10 to 12 may be divers (from what I have heard).

New Entry trainees are not allowed to take any vehicles with them to Raleigh. However when you move on to phase 2 training you can normally take your own car/bike.

SM

:)
 

R077

MIA
supermario said:
david-cain said:
Me and a lad i did my PEDA with both have the same Basic Training date the 29th November. Our question is how many other people will be starting then on average. as i was given 3 dates the 15th november the 21st and the 29th. so we are assuming that we will be training together? would just like some one to clarify this..
also are we aloud to take our cars down to Raleigh..
thanks alot
David

As said expect 50 to 60 to join HMS raleigh, of which approx 10 to 12 may be divers (from what I have heard).

New Entry trainees are not allowed to take any vehicles with them to Raleigh. However when you move on to phase 2 training you can normally take your own car/bike.

SM

:)

And you don't need to bring your own water.
 

R077

MIA
stirling said:
.....can I bring my own oxygen ?.

Check your Raleigh list young man! :lol:

And bring flippers, 3 cherries, half a bottle of tequila and a slice of Victoria sponge.

Don't ask, you'll find out when you get to phase 1. :wink:
 

wannabeaet

Lantern Swinger
This may sound a bit incongruous of me, but I don't care what you say, come phase 2 i'll be doing aircraft engineering, and I'm definitely going to take WD40 and some duct tape. One for jammed stuffed, one for broken stuff, dedication's what you need, if you wanna be a record breaaakkeerr, oooh yeea :strong:
 

officer_inland

Lantern Swinger
R077 said:
stirling said:
.....can I bring my own oxygen ?.

Check your Raleigh list young man! :lol:

And bring flippers, 3 cherries, half a bottle of tequila and a slice of Victoria sponge.

Don't ask, you'll find out when you get to phase 1. :wink:

Oh I know plenty of people who would go mad at someone calling fins "flippers" and that divers don't breathe oxygen!! Have I just bitten?? :lol:
 
drakdi said:
The class sizes are being reduced next term so there will be approx 50 newbies each week

Any particular reason? With the AFCO doors being beaten down by potential recruits are we struggling to get them through Raleigh?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Quick question about raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
W Off to Raleigh - 4th Nov - Quick ( stupid ) question! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 37
U Quick question about paying off foreign RFA 2
K Quick Question About the Navy Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Flatcapper83 Quick question? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S One quick question regarding the medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
pompeyexpat Quick question re: Remembrance service The Quarterdeck 2
C quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
K Quick Question - What color trousers/shirts to wear at PRNC? Diamond Lil's 22
D quick question RFA 3
W Quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
B Hi guys, just a quick question regarding my eligibility to become an Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
19jw89 Quick X(SM) question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
C quick question Health & Fitness 10
C Quick question. Health & Fitness 3
C quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Illuminati Just a quick question about the royal navy these days. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
Z Just a quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S Quick Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
C Hi, just a quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
ellio quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
A Quick Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
F Quick recruitment question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Quick question... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
BillyNoMates Quick question? Diamond Lil's 6
C Quick Question :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
T Quick Officer question regarding grades Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
lloydie a quick question about War Spec. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
B just a quick question for the medical officer Health & Fitness 15
OhSoCescyBaby Quick question about tax The Gash Barge 42
Pool-Champ Quick Question.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
burnsy85 quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
burnsy85 quick question Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 18
B We Quick Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
burnsy85 Quick Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Murph Quick Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Trigger_92 Update + Quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Leo_Tonge Just a quick question.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Quick Medical Question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
G Quick Question Submariners 14
M Quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
philcom3 quick question about a name Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
C20 Quick question on submarines Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
philcom3 quick question on sa80s Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 82
S Quick question on asthma? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
S quick question on RMR to RM transfer RMR 15
H quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
W quick question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
M Quick question, please help. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Similar threads


















































Top