Quick Question about Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by david-cain, Jul 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me and a lad i did my PEDA with both have the same Basic Training date the 29th November. Our question is how many other people will be starting then on average. as i was given 3 dates the 15th november the 21st and the 29th. so we are assuming that we will be training together? would just like some one to clarify this..
    also are we aloud to take our cars down to Raleigh..
    thanks alot
  2. No, you are not allowed to take your cars to HMS Raleigh.
  3. ok thanks for that any one know anything rregarding the other question?
  4. Approximately 60 divided into two classes.
  5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Just to help out, thats 30 to a class.
  6. assuming they are divided equally..... :roll:
  7. As said expect 50 to 60 to join HMS raleigh, of which approx 10 to 12 may be divers (from what I have heard).

New Entry trainees are not allowed to take any vehicles with them to Raleigh. However when you move on to phase 2 training you can normally take your own car/bike.

8. And you don't need to bring your own water.
  9. .....can I bring my own oxygen ?.
  10. Check your Raleigh list young man! :lol:

And bring flippers, 3 cherries, half a bottle of tequila and a slice of Victoria sponge.

Don't ask, you'll find out when you get to phase 1. :wink:
  11. I wouldn't. There are a lot of oxygen thieves at Raleigh :lol:
  12. :roll:

My brother warned me about those crazy oxygen thieves. Luckily he packed an extra bag full of it. :D
  13. This may sound a bit incongruous of me, but I don't care what you say, come phase 2 i'll be doing aircraft engineering, and I'm definitely going to take WD40 and some duct tape. One for jammed stuffed, one for broken stuff, dedication's what you need, if you wanna be a record breaaakkeerr, oooh yeea :strong:
  14. Oh I know plenty of people who would go mad at someone calling fins "flippers" and that divers don't breathe oxygen!! Have I just bitten?? :lol:
  15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

16. The class sizes are being reduced next term so there will be approx 50 newbies each week
  17. Any particular reason? With the AFCO doors being beaten down by potential recruits are we struggling to get them through Raleigh?