Quick Hello

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Flying_Canuck, Mar 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there,

Thought I would say a quick hello to everyone and introduce myself to the forum.

I am currently an officer in the Canadian Forces awaiting flight training. I have recently began contemplating releasing and throwing my hat into the ring with the Royal Navy to be an Aircrew Pilot or (sorry-->) an officer in the British Army. I have done some research, called recruiting centres and generally assessed the situation. Joining this forum seemed a pertinent move to get some other sources of information.

I get the impression that things aren`t much different across the pond. When I joined the recruiter told me over 50% of the people that walk into a Recruiting Centre want to be pilots (This is followed closely by a `spy` or a sniper.) haha. I get the idea that Aircrew Pilot positions are limited and very sought after. I have a good idea of the recruitment process but any information you have would be great. Specifically the nature of this FATS test I have heard about so much but never seem to be able to track down on the google machine. Also I was wondering about current wait times between courses (the pipeline?). I am coming up on three years service and have yet to go on a flying course.

Before I post this I should mention I am a dual citizen!
  2. Well you will certainly be educated into the way jack takes the piss and abuses each other and those they don't know either. But then I don't suppose you and yours are much different. Just give back as much as you get.

Unless your Norman and then you can fcuk off.
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

May I tag you with your new nickname,"Goose".

Good luck Goose.
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Do you get to wear white silk scarf's and raybands over there?

Best of luck with your quest goose, Ninja stoker and Super mario are both recruiters and will be able to point you in the right direction.
  5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

We still use Sopwith Camels over here Goose which those damn fine pilots of the RAF fly with panache and a certain amount of style. However, no matter how many times they go up diddly up up, they're still gits.
  6. witsend

Goose has a last tab before his first solo.

7. You fucker! I'd appreciate it in future if you asked before posting pics of me and goose together. Persec and all that jazz.
  8. witsend

Apologies 2DD, I never recognized with hair.
  9. Thanks witsend, its quite an honor. Never did a more majestic bird ever live. A fine specimen indeed.