Questions about raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Rk7794, Feb 25, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just been given my join date which falls on a Sunday in November and I am wondering if you have to travel down to raleigh in your start date or can go down the day before kip in a hotel and get a taxi there as living up north it will be about a 7 hour trip most likely . And also with my start date falling 3 days before my 21 st birthday is there any way I could have at least a pint thanks in advance

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Most people travel to Raleigh without incident on the Sunday, even those travelling from the Highlands & Islands. Sunday is a travel day. Besides being met, greeted, fed & allocated a place to sleep there's not a lot else happening. A 7 hour train journey is about average.

With regards going for a pint on your birthday, just ask the Discipline Master at Arms nicely. He'll probably give you a lift to the pub & collect you when you're done. He's nice like that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'll be travelling on Sunday 5th July from the Highlands & Islands, I take it the AFCO will arrange all the travel to ensure I'm there on time?

4. Ninja_Stoker

You'll probably fly to Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol or similar and get the train for the last bit. Your travel time will probably be less than those coming entirely by rail. The AFCO pays & books the travel (not the birthday beer).

5. The first time you will get an opportunity to have a pint is week 5, and only if you behave.

6. Ah okay. Would make sense, it's normally cheaper than train. I'll have to stack up on "complimentary" beverages on the plane.

Week 5 for me would be the Summer holiday for myself!

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Can you fly to Plymouth?

8. Closed Dec 2011.

9. When in November? as i start then aswell!

10. Yes, but only in special circumstances.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Thanks ninja and I knew it would be a long shot on the beer front and natty b my start date is the 8th of November

12. Ninja_Stoker

Apparently not anymore.

13. Ninja_Stoker

I'm pretty sure you're joshing, but just in case you're not...don't arrive at Raleigh with any alcohol on or in your person or they'll send you home at your own expense.

14. Definitely joshing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. My date is November the 8th and I'm lucky enough to live in plymouth so not far to travel for me

16. Looks as if ill be meeting you there what are you joing as

17. Yeah looks that way and AET you?

• Like Like x 1
  18. I swear to god ive met no one else on here whos date is the 29th Nov aha

19. Aet aswell hilzy and natty b people will only just be starting to get dates for November the past couple if weeks I wouldn't worry about it

• Like Like x 1