Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrismccaff, Aug 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have completed the recruiting process and waiting for a date for steward submariner! is it possible to choose a different job or do i have to stick with my original choice?
  2. What is causing this re-think?
  3. i went on the pre ratings course and had the branch lecture it didnt seem to be that interesting! but went on a mine counter messure vessel and am now thinking mine warfare
  4. Do you not think that the differences between the two jobs are blatantly clear after even a cursory glance at the roles?
  5. yes im just thinking that i now want to do something a bit more interesting and active, the reason i picked steward is beacause i was a 4 month waiting list when i applied but now im still going to have to wait the same time
  6. You can potentially change your job right up to the day you sign your contract on joining HMS Raleigh. The only problem maybe that there are differences in the selection for STD SM and WS (MW).

Talk to your CA as soon as you can

7. i will do do you have any idea on the current waiting time for ws(mw)?
  8. Approx 24 months for most of the warfare branches. But bear in mind that you can probably add 6 months to most waiting times due to Raleigh closing between 29th Nov 2010 - 01 May 2011.

9. cheers thanks alot
    hopefully the afco wont be to shity with me!
  10. Shouldnt of picked a branch with the lowest waiting times and actually thought about what you wanted to do.
  11. i did actually want to do this! but got talked out of it whilst i was on the course
  12. Ah its ok its just thats you stated that you picked it because it had a 4 month waiting list, i'll shut up.
  13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

You could be right ben, the first question asked about MW was whats the waiting time.
  14. yeh and also that he picked the steward the first time because the waiting time was 4+ months, maybe if he thought about this decision as it does require you to think before you write any job down was which one would he/she most likely want to do.
  15. Why it close?
  16. Some one hasn't been reading recent waiting time threads have they? :lol:

Cost cutting or money saving however you wanna call it.
  17. i was told it was closing but didnt realise it was for 6 months.
    Cheers Tommo
  18. Basically the government have said that we (all 3 services) have to cut our entries to save money. Therefore, our last term entries (Dec-Apr) have had to be cancelled.

This is all part of the governments bigger cost savings plans

19. so called because it saves up the costs til later, when suddenly they go up...
  20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Absolutely, 100% spot on.