Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by viglen, Aug 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have completed all steps except the PJFT (interview RT medical eyetest) and passed but have been struggling with fitness is there a time limit on when i have to do the PJFT what i mean is do the other test sort of Expire?

thanks for any help
  2. When you receive your letter which invites you to attend a PJFT it states that you have 7 days from the date of the letter within which to make contact with the Fitness Centre and 28 days to do the PJFT itself.

The words on the letter, when joined up in to sentences tend to impart the wishes of the AFCO.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you do not take the PJFT within 28 days of receiving the letter or without contacting your Careers Adviser to explain why, then it's classed as a first fail.

Eight weeks later, the same thing occurs & a second fail will happen if it's not taken or taken & failed. Finally , eight weeks later a 3rd & final attempt is permitted - if classed as a fail, that's it you're history.

Best of luck, get off the computer & get running if you want a job.
  4. You had your medical on the 25th November LAST YEAR and you still haven't got round to doing your PJFT?

You're a bit of a chopper aren't you lad?
  5. The way my AFCO works is i contact the gym myself then the afco sends me the appropriate forms to give to the trainer what im asking is could i leave it too long so that the medical i took and the RT eyetest ETC would be expired

thanks for any help
  6. How unfit are you people? The RNFT in itself is a joke never mind the times you get before you join.
    Step away from the chips and laptop and get out runing.
  7. Yeah take as long as you need fella.
    I'm sure the RN wouldn't want to inconvenience you or owt by expecting you to pull finger and get through the initial stages of recruitment in a timely manner. :roll:
  8. Might I suggest you just crack on with it.

It's only a 1.5 miler on a treadmil and the cut off time is 12 min 30. That isn't going to kill you (although obviously you don't want to just pass, but a reasonably active person under 25 should get at least 10 min 30).
  9. Better to get it out of the way and get yourself partly in the door than to delay it and risk even getting into Raleigh. Its not an easy time for recruitment!

Just stick your head down and run it in the time allowed, if you need to rush to be sick afterwards so be it. Might aswell start knowing what its like to beast yourself, it'll come thick and fast in any of the armed forces training.
  10. thanks guys everything noted
  11. You would think that woudnt you. Its a shame huge numbers of young lads actually in the navy cant even get 11.13
  12. As an civilian hoping to get into the Navy, can I quickly ask then an important question-
    What sort of discount will I get at Gregs and/or Krispy Kremes