Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by masterchef, Jul 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. as some of the lads no on here im joining as a chef obviously and without sounding like 'waveyourflag' asking this but with the waiting time being 20 months for chef and a steward being 12 months would it be possible to ask to switch from chef to steward?
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Of course it is possible for you to ask...
  3. haha :lol: but the answer would be?
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I thought you wanted to join the Army
  5. Better to wait it out and join as a Chef than join up early so you can be someone's ironing bitch.
  6. ah someone just put that idea into my head but decided against it mate.
  7. If you have passed the eligablity for Chef, then yes you could transfer to Steward as there selection is slightly less than Chef. You just need to tell your careers advisor to change you over from Chef to Steward. The one difficulty could be if he/she has already bid for you as a nerw bid will change your application date to the newer date re-setting the waiting time. Talk to your CA, they will be able to advise you based on the full story.

Best of luck

8. i understand what your saying, i think im just too impatient. :oops:
  9. Just don't
  10. Says the Sheep Shagger by Choice!!!!!!!!!
  11. sgtpepperband

Hmm, but at least the Steward Branch is the safest one in the RN; no Admiral (or equivalent) would ever consider scrapping the Worshipful Company of Pillow Fluffers... :oops: :wink:
  12. Better to shag sheep than get shagged by all and sundry :lol:
  13. Fair one, they might scrap Chefs though, I heard Occifers survive purely on protein bars, cucumber sandwiches and G'n'Ts.

Guns, can you clarify this?
  14. debatable 8)
  15. sgtpepperband

You won't get an answer from him - he's got a Sports Make 'n' Mend; polo match somewhere, apparently... 8)
  16. That's because they're called boats :wink:
  17. sorry wrecker :wink: