I have a looong wait to get into the navy. About another year and a half. I was thinking about the there a big waiting list for the RFA? and also...because i have an application already for the navy, am i eligable to sign up for the RFA and can i leave whenever or is there a minimum contract?

There's no waiting list to join the RFA, they only select enough people + some reserves to fill the next course, so you could find yourself applying a few times depending on how strong your application, RT score and interview is.

There has been a case recently where people have been offered a provisional position on a Comms course only to have it cancelled and they all had to start from scratch again.

I don't know the score with the navy application, but I can't see why you can't apply for both at the same time. As for contract - for ratings I think you're expected to complete 2 years service and then you can put your resignation in with 3 months notice. Not sure about officers though.

I might have got some things wrong here - so don't quote me on any of it, I'm sure someone can either confirm or correct any of what I've just said.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Miscellaneous 0
R The Fleet 4
Ghost_Rider Site Issues 1