QUESTION!

Discussion in 'RFA' started by loiz18, Feb 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a looong wait to get into the navy. About another year and a half. I was thinking about the RFA..is there a big waiting list for the RFA? and also...because i have an application already for the navy, am i eligable to sign up for the RFA and can i leave whenever or is there a minimum contract?

2. There's no waiting list to join the RFA, they only select enough people + some reserves to fill the next course, so you could find yourself applying a few times depending on how strong your application, RT score and interview is.

There has been a case recently where people have been offered a provisional position on a Comms course only to have it cancelled and they all had to start from scratch again.

I don't know the score with the navy application, but I can't see why you can't apply for both at the same time. As for contract - for ratings I think you're expected to complete 2 years service and then you can put your resignation in with 3 months notice. Not sure about officers though.

I might have got some things wrong here - so don't quote me on any of it, I'm sure someone can either confirm or correct any of what I've just said.