question!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by loiz18, Oct 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok so at the minute i am on the waiting list for aircraft handler. If i was to get the appropriate GCSE's, would i be able to apply for an officers role insted and have however long iv waited so far taken off the amount of time i wait for the officer role?

lol hope that makes sense it makes sense in my head.

2. you need more than GCSEs to apply as an officer, and no, your time already waited would NOT be taken off any potential wait for entry to BRNC.

3. God I sincerely hope not.

Better get your physique improved there, I hear these aircraft are pretty heavy!*

*EDIT: You will be expected to be able to lift any one of the wheels on any given aircraft in order to attach the chains (for cold weather) :wink:

4. Loiz

You would need to have accrued at least 180 UCAS Points.

5. You need 180 UCAS points - from A levels - to qualify for entry as an officer. So you would need to stay at school/college for another two years. Plus, officer entry doesn't work in the same way as rating entry. There isn't a set waiting time for officer's - they take the best candidates first.