Question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by JW7121, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About a year ago I was due to go for my AIB - I was applying for Warfare officer, but unfortunately I had to withdraw my application due to having slight sciatica, my AFCO advised me at the time that this wouldn't stop me getting in on medical grounds, as long as it wasn't anything more serious.

Anyway, it has now gone and I'm fit and healthy and have always intended to come back and re-apply for the Navy, however during that time i've had time to reflect and realised that warfare officer would have been the wrong choice for me, and have decided that a career as a Hydrological/Meterological specialst is what really appeals to me. Anyway, my question is does my previously withdrawn application affect any future applications that I make to the RN?

2. I wouldn't of thought so, as long as you left everything in good order and advised the afco that you were stopping the application there should be no reason for a future application to be affected.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spot on.

4. Cool, thank you. Will make an appointment to get down to the careers office ASAP!

Just out of ineterst, what is the current waiting time for the Hydrology/Meteorology branch?

5. Ok, well I have spoken to the AFCO during the week and they told me to pop down and pick up some more application forms, so am going to go and do that tomorrow.

Will I need to take all my documents like NHS card, education certificates etc again as I will be going through a different careers office?

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It maybe worth taking them just in case as the copies taken last time may have been shredded. (Data Protection & all that).

7. Got a date through for my recruitment tests now, 11th March!

8. Good luck mate.

9. Cheers. Got to get practicing tests now!

10. Just got back - passed the recruitment tests with a high enough score to enable me to apply for any job within the RN :D