Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Sam7, Jun 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was just running through some questions I though I may be asked at my interview. Could I be asked which ships I would be likely to serve on? I so, which ships/boats have logistics officers on them? How many are on each? - I'm guessing that aircraft carriers or assault ships have more than the others?

(PS. I understand that it is often mainly a land based job)

Thanks for your help, Sam
  2. Answer. I like this game.
  3. Question ... lol....

I didn't want to put the subject as "logistics officer" because I've already made several similar posts. What should I have put as the subject?
  4. Normally there is one Senior Logistics officer on every ship of Frigate size or above, who will be supported by an assistant who is normally the Captain's Secretary or what ever they are known as now days.

hope that answers your Question!!

Neil - Supermario

5. would a smaller ship have a logistics officer on? HMS Scott? Enterprise? Endurance? do boats have two each?

6. If you have so many questions, why don't you go into the recruting office and ask.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Without breaking OPSEC, as SM said, most FF/DD and above have an LO (Lt Cdr) and ALO (Lt).

But without getting ahead of yourself perhaps you should actually join the RN first, and see where you get sent? Mind you, I'd hate for you to get disappointed if you didn't get the ship you wanted... 8O
  8. I have been in, several times, but I can't drive 20 miles every time I have a stupid question. ^_^;
  9. I'm not worried about which ship I'd get sent to, It's just that I've been told to know my career path for my upcoming interview.
  10. sgtpepperband

...but how can you predict your career path when you don't have a career in the RN yet? :?

There is plenty of info regarding Logs Officers in the appropriate threads, if you can bothered to search for them.
  11. I have searched and found nothing but my own previous threads, am I doing it wrong? I just typed "logistics officer" into the search box and got nothing useful, is there a better way of searching?
  12. Definitive(ish) answer:

Logs Officers

CVS - 1xCdr, 1xLt Cdr, 4xLts
    LPD - 1xCdr, 1xLt Cdr, 1xLt
    Endurance - 1xLt Cdr, 1xLt
    FF/DD - 1xLt Cdr, 1xLt
    H Boats (standfast Gleaner) - 1xLt
    SSBN/SSN - 1xLt (the greatest job in the entire branch)

That's the lot I think - (happy to be corrected)
  13. Thank you Puss_in_boats, do you know how much time they spend at shore establishments compared to the time spent on ships?
  14. sgtpepperband

Oh FFS, will this nightmare ever end..?! :oops:
  15. He's making me look good!
  16. No one is making you read my stupid questions, lol. You're probably best ignoring my posts because thats all I tend to do :p

At least I'm interested, which is more than can be said for most people these days.
  17. sgtpepperband