Question regarding PRNC and Scottish Independence

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrismonc87, Sep 2, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Afternoon all,

Got a question. Will PRNCs in Scotland be moved if Scots are stupid and vote yes? Not a concern for me as looking at PRNC date around March/April. Find it interesting what would happen.

2. its most likely that everything will be moved out of Scotland.

3. I would have thought that, just wondering if it was straight away or give it a year to get it all sorted

4. i don't think anyone's really sure could be up to 5 years before everything's been sorted properly.

5. Unfortunately if it did happen (which I hope it doesn't) I should think it would be least have a year or more, to set up a new country takes a long time, but most certainly everything will move down.

This is the info is taken from the 'Yes' site, hope this helps.

The Scottish Government proposes that Scotland’s Independence Day will be on 24 March 2016. That will ensure that the elections scheduled for 5 May 2016 will be the first elections to an independent parliament.

The Scottish Government points out that since 1945, 30 countries have become independent following a referendum. The average length of time between referendum and independence day was about 15 months. The legal exeprt appointed by the UK Government, Professor James Crawford, agreed this timetable was "realistic".

After a referendum, agreement would be reached with UK Government about the transition to independence including the timetable for Independence Day.
    Aiming for March 2016 leaves 17 or 18 months for the transition negotiations.

6. Do you really think they will shippers. I hope they don't, would be wired without them. Also think they would be stupid to say yes. But that's just what I think.

7. would we still even be known as great Britain?

8. I don't know, I should think we will still be stalled Great Britain because of Wales and NIreland, plus of our British empire history.

I hope they do not vote for independence, I feel they will be worse off for it and so will we, better together I say.

9. Deffo agree with No, maybe if it was someone else arguing for it and not that fish. If it was someone else maybe could see independant Scotland.

10. "Great Britain" is a geographical term, which as we know is the island which comprises of England, Scotland and Wales. (N. Ireland isn't part of Great Britain)

The question is weather or not we'll still be called the "United Kingdom" as if they did vote for independence, the two Kingdoms will no longer be united (Wales doesn't count as Wales was incorporated into England at the time of the Act of Union 1707.

11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

There was a Union between England and Wales in 1536, so I can see no reason that Wales could not do the same as Scotland and become independant once again. All that would be left would be f
    or N.Ireland to become a part of Eire again and we would have England, once again. St Georges flag flying.