Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Question regarding partners

chrismonc87

Lantern Swinger
Hi all,

As most of you know I have been to Raleigh before and I am going back in the summer. The major difference this time is that I'm not single and need help understanding what life is like if you have a girl friend while in the Navy, cause she is scared that she won't see me or that I will find someone else as I would be away. She wants to research what it would be like for her but so for its just American crap so any help is much appreciated

Must've missed this in last month's Hello.

Assuming you've joined & left previously, having served more than a few weeks, you are probably your best reference source with regard the number of runs ashore & trapping opportunities available during training.

Admittedly, if you are divs like me, it's possible you maybe irresistable to those in your class.

The bottom line is the issue is you & the maturity of your relationship, respect & mutual trust.

Sometimes we have people leaving because they fear their civilian partner will leave them and the partner exerts pressure. Sometimes we have people ditching their partner because they've met someone they like more. Sometimes there are those who are unfaithul to their partner, but continue to deceive - this applies equally to those serving & their civilian partners.

Reassure your girlfriend that she will have no problems. While you are away on a deployment the very many bezzie oppos that you have made will make a duty rosta and visit her at weekends to pander to her every need.
The RN a place where mates wear Mates.

Hi all,

As most of you know I have been to Raleigh before and I am going back in the summer. The major difference this time is that I'm not single and need help understanding what life is like if you have a girl friend while in the Navy, cause she is scared that she won't see me or that I will find someone else as I would be away. She wants to research what it would be like for her but so for its just American crap so any help is much appreciated

On a serious note pal I had the same issue, just didn't have the balls to post it here! (A bad decision from you) :confused:

At the top of the page you'll see tabs leading you to ARRSE, Families, Dating etc etc. Send her to the Families one, some of that is relevant to what you might need. ;)

On a serious note pal I had the same issue, just didn't have the balls to post it here! (A bad decision from you) :confused:

At the top of the page you'll see tabs leading you to ARRSE, Families, Dating etc etc. Send her to the Families one, some of that is relevant to what you might need. ;)
You wouldn't have recommended posting same question to a Facebook group then?