Question regarding AIB reference

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Powder, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,
    So my school has finally gotten around to writing down my reference. I went to see the Deputy head today and he said that the box they have been given is really small and his handwriting is crap.

My question (well.. his)..

Is it possible to attach a computer written copy of the reference on the school paper with the badge etc and his signature?

Or is it vital that he does it in his own handwriting (Which is unreadable!!!)

I was going to get the number of the local AFCO for him to call and ask, but if I can get a response from one of the mods, ninja or anyone really then wont bother.

My thoughts are to get him to handwrite it and cover it with a school letter that is computer written so that they can read any words that they cant see.

Thanks so much in advance,
    Alex

2. Tell him to get a grip, he is the headmaster of a school and yet he can't write neatly enough for an official form! :roll:

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A scary concept regarding the application of common-sense in our esteemed places of learning. :wink:

The reference obviously needs to be legible, so if the crayon is blunt, it maybe better to attach a computer generated headed 'Word document' as suggested, (formerly known as a letter).

4. It would appear little has changed in some 45 years, I almost had to hold my school rectors hand as he did mine, if I had let him put what he had intended I woould never have got to AIB. That would have meant I would have had top try and get in as a Tiff, that might have been more fun I suppose.

5. Well, I gave him a list of everything I had done throughout school, helping out with lower years, sports, after school clubs, subject captains and all that lot which he kindly wrote down.
    However the opening paragraph read something about joining the "Royal Air Force" ... Sorry.... What?! 8O
    It's funny that he can get that confused despite the form having Royal navy stamped all over it! I had to explain to him what the fleet air arm was. Funny how the Head of History Department / Deputy head teacher (the one doing the reference) hasnt ever heard of The Fleet Air Arm!!

Thanks for the serious replies for such a silly question. Will email him back and tell him that I called the office and they said to do both.

6. Concur!!