Question Re:Waiting times

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by disaster_manager, Jul 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

This may appear a bit of a stupid question but...

...I passed the RT last month (June) when the waiting time for ET ME (SM) was 15 months. Approximate waiting times for those applying to join this month (July) are down to 12 months now. Surely this means my waiting time also now 12 months, right? This months applicants wouldn't have jumped the queue would they?

2. They won't have jumped the queue - you are still ahead of them.

As things stand, you are looking at a start date for Basic in the early summer of 2011.

3. Cheers Soleil, top bloke!

4. I'll re-phrase that if you wish.

Cheers Soleil, top..erm...effort :lol:

5. You're welcome, d_m!

:)

6. when i seen the waiting list, i was suprised to see the times have gone down in alot of sectors however i was dissapointed to see CT still remains at 18 months oh well 10 months down 8 to go unless things change. It could have been worse though some have gone up alot.

7. Does he know something we dont :s

8. I was the same mate logs chef went up by 2 months to 20 months iv already done 9 so not so bad.

9. Still waiting for my date for CIS(SM), which is getting pretty tiresome, after passing everything in April, looks like mid next year according to the waiting times, any sooner will be better.

10. may want to check with careers office, as i was in there and they were not hopeful and may just be sugarcoating things

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

An interesting conundrum.

Not quite sure what you are suggesting:

1. Check with your AFCO
    2. They were realistic with regard the prospect of early entry dates or
    3. They were making it sound better than it was

Fact is that RN intake numbers have been cut from 2,700 to 1,500 this year. We're also around 99.2% manned, so unless a lot of people decide to leave or government decides to increase RN manpower significantly (har-de-har, last happened in 1939) the prospect of an early entry date is unfortunately slim to nil. That said, it is worth the wait.

12. :D Oops...

13. So in others words rob unless the waiting times come down expect to wait the full waiting time for a entry date unless your lucy enough to get a cancilaton?