Question for the crabmariners

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by tommo, Jul 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello my unwashed oppo's.

I've a question one of you may be able to answer.

I saw a rating of yours bimbling around Collingrad today. Wearing his 3's (Evening rig to those who don't know what 3's are compared to the olden numbers).

He wore his dolphins and his bomber badges on his left breast like most. However this individual had 3rd one. It is similar to the bomber badge yet one is bigger than the other.

Never seen anyone wear 3, 2 yes not 3. Anyone know what it is for?

Kind regards

Skimmer wanting to know.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You sure it wasn't a 'Wotsits' stain on his shirt pocket?
  3. Nope defo a badge thingy. He looked washed too.

One gold set of mammals

two grey badges, one bigger than the other
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Was this the fella..?

5. If it was gold fag pin the sad individual has done over 25 bomber patrols, however he should have his dolphins and ONE bomber pin. He's walting in rig.
  6. It was a gold dolphins as standard

Then two what looked like bomber pins yet one was big one was smaller, couldn't see the detail to give you any more info.

I knew the entitlement of the dolphins and bomber badges, so was curious to the third
  7. Not name badge, it looked similar to the other grey badge one is the bomber one, the other ??
  9. Thinking on, the smaller one could be for mess undress but still only entitled to the one bomber pin.
  10. Kill him, he's a Walt.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. the rating in question is a known bullshitter. he was wearing american dolphins in addition to RN dolphins and bomber pin, he claims to have done a patrol on an american ssn and therefore thinks he is entitled to wear them on his no 3s. he is mistaken & i suggest you point out his personal failings to him at the nearest oppertunity.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  12. Beat me to it G is G. I was going to suggest Yankee kippers.
  13. Either way he ain't entitled.
  14. But nobody in collingwood seems to have the balls to tell him.
  15. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

Sounds like he's waiting for someone to bite!
  16. I don't know the regs on it so not really my place to tell him.

At least my question is answered cheers

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

I think BR3 is now updated to reflect the regulations with respect to the Dolphins on 3's, and missile mary badges. Should give you chapter and verse on how and where it should be worn.
  18. What is so special about being on a bomber that warrants a "pin"