Question about training after BRNC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lewismansell, Jun 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, I'm a POC applying for right-hand-seat grow-bag (I work with a bunch of ex-Crabs, so I don't know what the sea-borne slang for pilot is) and have my interview in 3 weeks. Quick question about training after BRNC; what will a new recruit get up to after graduation if the next intake for DEFTS is not for a few months? I would assume they get lots of chances to administrative duties, as aircrew aren't put on to Fleet Training? Also, when are the DEFTS start dates scheduled? I couldn't find it on the RN website.

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Usually one of the following:
    1. F****** passenger.
    2. Arrogant c***.
    3. WAFU prick.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You forgot Postman.

4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

:lol: :lol: How very remiss of me! :wink:

5. Once you leave Dartmouth, you'll go on to Grading then the Air 424 Survival course. In between all of those there will be holdover where you are "Strategically placed" about the fleet. I'd expect flying a desk at Culdrose/Yeovilton. Then on to DEFTS where again, there will probably be holdover in waiting to get there. Depending on how the schedule runs with the new IOT09 3 Term Entry.

Don't worry too much about the flying until you pass out though, it is drilled into you throughout Dartmouth that you are an Officer before a pilot, and remember that people will look at the gold rings on your sleeve before the wings above them!

6. :roll: JOCKEY

7. EDIT

Don't worry too much about the flying until you pass out though, it is drilled into you throughout Dartmouth that you are an Officer before a pilot, and remember that people will look at the gold rings on your sleeve before the wings above them![/quote] FFS :roll: :roll: :roll: I always made sure that the paraffin pidgeon pilot, had wings on his flying greens before i went airborne with him oppo :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

8. Thanks Bender, that's the info I was looking for. I already fly a desk in civvy flight ops, so I'm sure a bit more won't hurt.