Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name it is

Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

Arcadain said:
Hmmm, so no year and a half long waiting lists if you join the Submarine Service as an MA?

Maybe an hour and a half waiting list for any submarine job ;)
 
Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

dunkers said:
Arcadain said:
Hmmm, so no year and a half long waiting lists if you join the Submarine Service as an MA?

Maybe an hour and a half waiting list for any submarine job ;)

Why is the waiting list so short for the more 'respected' job?

Is it because nobody has the bottle to join?
 
Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

theoldti said:
Renown(s), Renown(p), Victorious(s), Vengeance(s),Vengeance(p)and Vanguard.....................
God has it been that long.
No longer the TI though
I've got a few of them too :lol:
Revenge (P)
Renown (P+G)
plus Vigilant (P,S+G)
 
Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

CREDDLY, get off your computer and get you arse to the careers office. Come up to sunny Scotland, visit Big Nance and become a man........
 
Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

theoldti said:
CREDDLY, get off your computer and get you arse to the careers office. Come up to sunny Scotland, visit Big Nance and become a man........

Well unfortunately I can't visit the AFCO until they send for me now! :evil:

The Navy has got to get permission off the Army to process me - However long it'll take I don't know!? :???:

As soon as they send for me, I'll be straight around there don't you worry!!!

Then I'll pay you a visit Bonnie Scotland!!! :grin:
 
I think it would be reasonable after a week to give them a call and ask if there had been any indication from Glasgow how long gaining permission might take.......

Subtle way to ask if they've actually made the phone call yet.
 
Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

Karma said:
I think it would be reasonable after a week to give them a call and ask if there had been any indication from Glasgow how long gaining permission might take.......

Subtle way to ask if they've actually made the phone call yet.

What's Glasgow got to do with it? I'm confused now. :???:

At this point I think I should remind you that I've not even filled out an application yet lol.
 
Glasgow is where the Army Personnel and Records people are ;)

If the AFCO have to ask the Army if they're prepared to let you join the RN then someone, somehow, has to ask them......
 
Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

Karma said:
Glasgow is where the Army Personnel and Records people are ;)

If the AFCO have to ask the Army if they're prepared to let you join the RN then someone, somehow, has to ask them......

Haha, good point - I thought you meant Scotland because of the Submarines.

After seeing an example of the Maths level on a post somebody put on here, I don't think I'm getting in! lol
 
Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

creddly said:
dunkers said:
Arcadain said:
Hmmm, so no year and a half long waiting lists if you join the Submarine Service as an MA?

Maybe an hour and a half waiting list for any submarine job ;)

Why is the waiting list so short for the more 'respected' job?

Is it because nobody has the bottle to join?

The waiting list is so long because recruiting offices are not populated with any submariners and the guys/gals that are in the recruiting offices have forgotten that the submarine service exists. What's more there's no decent submarine recruiting literature, no pictures or posters and submarines rarely get any exposure in the news, doing steely-eyed warrior stuff on operations. It's a really "silent service". Result.....submariners don't attract passing interest, and recruits who come through the doors aren't routinely offered submarines as an option, so the waiting lists are short.
Daft really, when you think that the submarine building programme is the one bit of the RN where new build is planned for a good few years yet. We'll be needing submariners into the distant future.
Join now!
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top