Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name it is

Re: Question about Tours/Deployment/Missions/whatever name i

Your husband is very lucky to have a wife like you btw - Most women would cheat or get rid instantly!!!

Thanks :lol: I just cant wait to walk down the church to my sexy sailor!

LoL just sent the invites out today :)

Nicks said:
I wouldnt worry about the time you spend on Patrol Creddly as it soons flys by believe me.
As for the bad news bit I can speak from experience there and say they will not tell you that anyone has popped there clogs until you are back alongside.
Also they will not fly you off the boat unless it is a life threatning situation.
We had the Chief of the MCC (Revenge Stbd) flown off as he had appendicitis in Mid patrol,but that is the only time I have heard of anyone get taken off during patrol time.

Also think of all the fun you will have when you go home by not being able to sleep as it is to quiet and your body not realising what day and night is meant to be after 3 months of watchkeeping without a day off.(Apparently I was told that it takes 6 months to pyschologically get over a 3 month patrol,but there you are 3 months after your last patrol back on board !! )

And the smell of your clothes and the colour of your skin when you are on the train home and people looking at you all funny as you are pissed after 2 pints.

Also on your birthday on patrol you will get more than your 3 cans from all your mates and spend the next 3 days with the hangover from hell,and then you have to your Part 3 walkthrough with an officer and have to remember every single valve and what it does and what every switchboard controls and when you go back aft amongst all the hairy arsed stokers they will welcome you with open arms (And a bit more !!)

And when you have passed your Part 3 and have proudly pinned those Dolphins on your Chest you can come back on here and tell us it was all a piece of piss !!

PS Hope this doesnt put you off ???

Then again it might have changed since my day,but I doubt it :mrgreen:

I've just been told by somebody I found on AOL member directory that it's 6-8 months between these patrols and he's currently a Submariner on HMS Vanguard. So you were not wrong mate!

He said you will do SOME sea-time in between, testing the Submarine maintenance, practice drills, etc.

And YES YES YES YES YES YES that does all sound FUN and definitely does NOT put me off! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: !!!

ProudNavyWife(tooBe) said:
Your husband is very lucky to have a wife like you btw - Most women would cheat or get rid instantly!!!

Thanks :lol: I just cant wait to walk down the church to my sexy sailor!

LoL just sent the invites out today :)

Obviously not all of them as I haven't given you my address yet! :razz:

Have a great day - Remember, your husband-to-be won't be in some Civvy-suit... he'll be in a sexy, pristine, pressed Sailors Uniform which will make the bridesmaids jealous and their faces will be this colour with possibly the same expression... :grin:

I know! soooo pleased he choose his unifrom!

and I only sent them out today you know royal mail it will arrive sometime next year!

Good Luck with your application and the Submarine Service if you go for it

Good Luck with your application and the Submarine Service if you go for it

Oh I'll definitely be going for it - And Thank you! I do need a small slice of fortune that's for sure! :wink:

Did I read you were in the Army? If so I could need some held if you can

Yes I was in there.

Sure, fire away - I'm sure I can answer any of your questions from my vast, extensive experience of 6 whole weeks! :oops:

oh right LOL

I am lookin for my brother have not had contact for 5 years, I know he is in army something to do with vechicles, and lives in Wantage Oxon - would you know what base this was so I can address a letter to him.

(dont want to send to home address as his lovely wife might just rip it up before he gets home)

Thanks
Sharon

oh right LOL

I am lookin for my brother have not had contact for 5 years, I know he is in army something to do with vechicles, and lives in Wantage Oxon - would you know what base this was so I can address a letter to him.

(dont want to send to home address as his lovely wife might just rip it up before he gets home)

Thanks
Sharon

Mmm tricky. This could be a hard one. You used to be able to contact the records office but they've closed that now in 1997. Even if you did get in contact with them, they would want proof that you're his sister!

So I take it you've had a barney with his wife?

Mmm, do you know his regiment?

I may need to ask a few questions before I figure this out if that's okay?

not really but he did nearly get my parents thrown out of there house coshe took loans out on it, nearly got them in prision for fund (when he did it) so on!

Just wanted to make contact see if I could hope mend bridges but be easier to start with if I go direct to him

I dont know anymore information, about from he is lance corp, vechicle specilist I think. went in Dec 2003.

how did you get those photos on the bottom of your posts I tryed but failed!

not really but he did nearly get my parents thrown out of there house coshe took loans out on it, nearly got them in prision for fund (when he did it) so on!

Just wanted to make contact see if I could hope mend bridges but be easier to start with if I go direct to him

I dont know anymore information, about from he is lance corp, vechicle specilist I think. went in Dec 2003.

how did you get those photos on the bottom of your posts I tryed but failed!

You must not have a space between the link and the brackets - Oh and make sure it's in your signature box!

Erm. hang on, I'm thinking a sec for a solution!!!

1. Creddly my son, you have just enjoyed your 21st birthday and have been posting on this site since 2004. Grab yourself by the balls and go to the careers office if you are going to do it or you will feel like an old man amongst all the 17/18 year olds who are joining.

2. It does not matter which class of boat you would like, you will be sent where you are needed (your opinion will be noted but the needs of the service are more important) You may join one boat and be sent to another, at short notice because we need you (I say we, because I am still serving)

3. Navy wife to be, Some times will be hard, you will get frustrated with changing programs and last minute deployments to other boats. Support you fella and you will both be happy (I have been married for 20 years and she still has no idea what I do, she just enjoys it when I am home)

4. The Navy today is short manned, the S/M service even more so. There is a saying, "You pick your branch, you take your chance." You will see some gutys doing a lot less work and a lot less sea time than yourself but what goes around, comes around. Live with it. Dont drip.

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW FOR SURE UNLESS YOU SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE.

Well said, I must admit it took some getting used to the navy way, very last minute dot come!

Have learnt the navy CAN NOT be rushed not matter how hard one tries.

If it all changed and he ends up on a ship for 9 months well OK just make sure the 3 months of the year are extra great!

I just go with the flow now, I still plan (thats my nature but I dont worry or get stressed if things change now) and at the moment that leads me to think that providing it all works out we should be in faslane come July, but if it all changes I am not bothered. He is enjoying Navy life at the moment so go grab it I say.

Yes Creedy apply or you will be like my OLD man 34 last week and still at HMS Raleigh

Hope you get up here in July, don't forget to bring your brolly!!!
Your old man wont go on a ship, we are too short in the S/M world but he may end up doing back to back trips every now and again (a few weeks of in between) and once he is qualified we still need to man them up 24 hrs a day 365 days a year, even when they are alongside. The higher up he gets, the less duties he will do so encourage him to get stuck in and work hard for promotion (the pay rise helps as well)
Good luck,
TAff

Renown(s), Renown(p), Victorious(s), Vengeance(s),Vengeance(p)and Vanguard.....................
God has it been that long.
No longer the TI though

Latest Threads