Question About PT Superior At HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by SubDub, Apr 16, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Long time lurker. Anyway I've passed PRNC and I'm currently waiting to go to Raleigh to begin training. One thing I was wondering about is PT training and in particular being classified as PT superior.

I've searched high and low for information on getting assigned PT superior but for the life of me I can't find anything that details the selection process. Can anybody enlighten me as to what is required of you in terms of fitness and tests at Raleigh to get the classification as it is something I'd love to achieve?

Any information would be very much appreciated.
  2. This could go well........
  3. Club swinger or reggie in the making, I can't pass 7/7 N.A.M.E.T but can lift heavy weights.
  4. I was informed at the PRNC as somebody who was academically qualified (A in both English and Maths at GCSE, A in the former at A Level and a degree to spare) that I wouldn't be required to sit the numeracy/literacy test at Raleigh? Is that not true?

I'd like to think of myself more as a thinking man who swings a club about! Thus why I'd love to know what is required for PT superior!
  5. Observe the PTIs and I am certain that it does not take a Sherlock Holmes to realise that most have a superiority complex and are almost vain enough to be confused with clearance divers.
  6. Starting a homoerotic relationship with your nearest club juggling vanity nonce is the way forward
  7. Uumm a clever posser, obviously PTI Officer in the making, to achieve work hard and be the best, and strut like a cock every time you enter the gym,
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It maybe somewhere on the pdev portal, but although the RM phys standards show scores and gradings, the RN standards appear to mark pass/fail standards. Most of it seems to relate to 'in service' parameters rather than basic training itself:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. No.

PT superior will be explained when you get there. Some very fit trainees don't achieve PT superior. If you achieve it - Well Done. If not, it's not the end of the world.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  10. When I was at Lossiemouth in the 60s we had a couple of ver fit looking Blue badge Wrns. They were definitely P.T. Superior. In fact unless you were a fast jet pilot with a sports car they ignored you:(
  11. Obviously lesbians, fast jet pilots with flash sports cars appear to like them