Question about joining and police checks

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by GunZaBlazin, Aug 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm joining the Marines soon and am at point of filling out my application. Problem is while i've never been found guilty of any criminal incidents I've been charged and taken to court numerous times over the past 8 years. I have been to court 17 times mainly on charges of theft (mostly pettly theft really) and the odd charge of supply, affray and assault.

However, each and every time I have been found not guilty. Do i still need to declare this at interview stage? or can I keep it to myself? It doesn't sound very good at all but I haven't been found guilty ever so if I can i'd rather they did not know. Is there anyway they can find out if I don't mention it?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Welcome back, Nailzzz... :oops:
  3. Who is nailzzz?
  4. BORING......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  5. I'm going to have a baked potato today with Tuna mayonnaise, it's both delicious and a good source of protein. :)
  6. LOL - does that go down as a record breaking Nailz spot ??
  7. who the fook is this nailz guy?
  8. ZZZZZzzzzzzzz
  9. I went out on a retirement do last eve, got well and truly shiters, why do I drink to excess, it hurts so much :oops:
  10. sgtpepperband

????????? :?: :!:
  11. Ah, good. Not just my that was totally confused by that one then.
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As my dear old grandmother always used to say:

"Turned out nice again. Pass us me banjo, you ********".

Wise, profound words indeed & handy advice for GunZaBlazin, if perhaps a little random.
  13. sgtpepperband

I used to love her "George Formby doing Arnold Schwarzenegger" impressions after a few CSBs on Families' Day... :wink:
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

True, true.

Mind you, she was never found guilty...