Question about fitness ( again) manly for the almighty Ninja

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by willmuse, Oct 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello! I'm off to Raleigh in 8 days ... haha, i'm having last minute nerves but that can be expected of course

My question is when I get there I know I will be required to do the PJFT again. But what is the time you have to pass it in? Isit 12:20 as before? The reason I ask is because I read today that " the fitness test pass or fail critrea will be the same blah blah" ha I don't know it word for word. I also know that I will have to do it in under 11:13 but is this at the start like the day I go to Raleigh? Many thanks in advance!!!!

WILL!

2. mainly* not manly haha

3. anyone?

4. Re: Question about fitness ( again) manly for the almighty N

Dunno mate, I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. Just keep up the training and give it your best at Raleigh.

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Calm down Will, this is a forum not a chat room, I'm sure someone who knows the answer will come along and answer your question, when they are here!

6. Day 2 - Tuesday you have to do it in the pre-joining time. If you don't pass you go on remedials - tuesday and thursday nights i think
    Then you do the proper one in week 6 - i think

7. Re: Question about fitness ( again) manly for the almighty N

In week one you have to complete the PJFT which is 12:20. Then in week four you have to complete the RNFT which is 11:13. The times are dependent on age of course.

I'm actually not sure whether you do the PJFT in week 2 and the RNFT in week 5 because of the extra week that's been added on. That would bake the above times invalid. The important point anyway is that you don't have to do the RNFT until after a few weeks training, however you really shouldn't be worried about this because you should be comfortable with 11:13 when you arrive at Raleigh.

Edit: Nicky D has beaten me to posting the info, look like we've posted different times for the RNFT. I'm sure it's done in week 5 but I could be wrong.

8. Cheers for the info guys!

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Question about fitness ( again) manly for the almighty N

Hiya Will,

"Manly Ninja" here mate, apologies missed your earlier post.

In short, yup, Helios has it right, it's also here: PJFT & RNFT.

Good luck Will, stop worrying fella, just keep training, you'll be OK.

[​IMG]

10. Re: Question about fitness ( again) manly for the almighty N

Just to clarify - Nicky is correct, you'll do the PJFT on Tuesday week 1 and the RNFT in week 7.

11. You do the run in a shorter allowed time, aswell as the PJFT, press ups and sit ups are included in the fitness test also, though when the tests happen i am coudy.

I would gather we will do the run on a few occassions, i'm also going same day.
    Good luck, have fun.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Cheers Chris,

Week 6 it is then for the RNFT on the newer 9 week Phase One training package.

Thanks for the update & good luck with the rest of the training.

13. Re: Question about fitness ( again) manly for the almighty N

If you're not a salad dodging lard arse with no personal standards, like many of our youngsters today then you'll be okay, trust me. You've passed the PJFT and the requirement to pass the RNFT is only 10% quicker in each age/gender category. As you would expect and what has already been stated in this forum the test isn't conducted until later in your training. By that time you'll be even fitter with circuit training, squad runs, assault courses, swim tests, sessions all planned into your weekly programme.

Top tip, don't fall into the trap, when you finish your training and join the Fleet, that you neglect on your fitness. As you are required to take the RNFT every year. If you don't and you're due promotion, you won't get promoted. If you fail, then you have to participate in 3 x remedial training packages per week with the clubswingers.

14. Re: Question about fitness ( again) manly for the almighty N

Willmuse, sorry almost forgot, best of luck at Raleigh. Say hello to the WO Physical Trainer for me. You'll meet him at the gym screaming and balling at everyone.

15. Will do! many thanks