Query about submariners

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by curious, Dec 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if you guys can help me please.

One of our regular forums appears to have aquired what some could call a troll, and I'm wondering if some of the facts he's spouting could possibly be true.. or is it all bovine?
    Aside from some dates dont add up (he stated he was paid at one time in £ shilling and d.. yet he didnt join till he was 18 and is now 51)

Anyhow what I am querying....

This guy claims hes a submariner and the sub "sailed out" of Plymouth on the 7th of Dec.
    He supposedly last posted on the 6th of Dec using the Navy Intranet - and laughably said he couldnt use emoticons because he was posting from there. :D

He's now apparently surfaced in Livorno, Italy...
    after quote "going through the Bay of Biskay surfaced,sea sick or what lol,sat on the throttles with a bucket."

and is now staying at "Hotel Citta". Is it normal for the RN to put submariners up in (smallish 20 bedroom) hotel????

Does this statement reek of untruths - or is it possible.
    It would be good to catch this guy out once and for all if he is falsely impersonating being a submariner.

Thanks in anticipation of anyone comments.
  2. Wah or Walt ????????? :thumright:
  3. Curious would you be able to provide a link to the post where these statements were made?The readership would then be able to decided the plausibility of the accused statement.As you have only posted one topic your own credentials have not yet been proved.

4. Sure... I can understand why you asked that. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

This guy has been making posts for several months now and has managed to annoy most of the regs at some point or other.
    Rather than me make false allegations I thought it was perhaps best asking someone who did have experience as a submariner if they thought what he said was plausable.

Theres many posts he has made some statements which dont quiet ring true - but this is the thread where he is making his latest claims.

PS sorry its a long thread - but best you read and make your own judgement. TIA.
  5. Thank you for posting the link-let the members of RR decide.
  6. Operational security is of vital importance so I think this person on your board is a walt or very stupid!
  7. Had a quick look at it - Juniors mess ring a bell with anyone ?
  8. Hi Curious, the baisis of your question is "is this man a Troll?" in my oppinion yes he is. I have read his post and I am sure he is not on the level. He has some basic facts wrong. The movements of said "Sub" (we call the boats) are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I am not going to mention any dits that could catch him out because its not worth your time just let your MODS know he is a troll and leave it at that. Hope this answers your question.
  9. Thanks eva so much for your comments guys - vm appreciated.

Theres just too many things that he's said in his 3500+ posts (he doesnt contribute to the help) that don't seem ring true to me. Therefore since its an area I know nothing about I thought I'd ask "the experts".

As regards to mods - they were non-existant up until about a month ago, and its only recently after too many of the regulars and knowledgeables left because of trolls and multi-iders, that they made an appearance... hence why some of us are used to not relying on them.

btw - dont laugh - I'm curious afterall ;) - but what's a "wah"?
  10. I feel I must disagree with the druid, there is nothing in that thread that suggests that Griff is not a real submariner. He may or may not be, but that is yet to be proved. One thing is for sure, and that is that that forum is full of pricks, and if i were in Griffs position, I would try to wind them up too. I have wasted some of my own time today looking through that site, and I can see no reason to ever go back.
  11. I had a look thru it as well,and no way is he a submariner.
    The one way to find out if he is the real McCoy is to ask him the first 4 letters and numbers of his official number.
    You arent breaching Op Sec by doing that,and also if he is gen we can work out on here when he joined up.
  12. He isn't related to Sam Dicosta by any chance? :biggrin:
  13. Thanks for all the comments much appreciated
  14. Having read as much of that thread as i can manage, the guy appears to be a 50(ish) year old throttle jockey.
    I think he has been in the mob at some stage but has left and is now just being a tit.
  15. This guys a complete troll.
    'im onboard now in the mess using the intranet'.. since when has there been navynet terminals in the mess?..Theres barely room for an'uckers board never mind a PC. And even if there was a PC and it could connect he would surely need an IGS gateway password to access the internet proper. And would that be issued on a seagoing boat with all the OPSEC that entails. Methinks not.

'You would never get near to receiving the dolphins''You could achieve submarine quals?'..very strange syntax.. surely part 3 would be the ingrained terminology, and as for 'receiving the dolphins' something along the lines of a set of dolphins etc would be more expected from an experienced submariner.

He says hes staying in a Hotel Citta in Livorno.. stand fast D/E but ive not heard of many boats with a kettle stopping off there. And if he is telling the truth he should be strung up by his balls for breaching OPSEC.
    'Bloody horrible going through Bay of Biskay, sat on throttles with a bucket'. Other users say hes stated his age as 52. Throttle Jockey at 52? Either he's a real flier or hes talking bull..
  16. Im not even in the navy but there is a few signs his chatting sh*t.

1) Ive learned this on here that they dont call submarines subs

2) I know the boats are fast but i dont think there that fast to get where he is.

I may be wrong but thats what i think.
  17. Gotta disagree with you there mate, on the boat that i have just done a deployment with, we had laptops in each mess that connected to the intra and internet.

it is perfectly feasible. Gotta have it these days for JPA access!!

Secondly as its not the Part 3 anymore the SMQ guys use all sorts of different names as to their qualifications.

As i posted earlier if he is a 50 year old TCPO he aint a flyer :)
  18. Fair do's about the laptops Bawsack, been shoreside since JPA came in.. but im still thinkin he's a walt..