Queen's B'day Honours

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by HarryBosch, Jun 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me or are there no CBEs for RN/RM on this list? There are sections for Army, RAF and Civil.

LINK

Have we not done anything since this time last year?

2. Yes - it's just you.

3. Cheers. :thumright:

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I see that they have forgotten me again this year :toilet:

5. Hi

Ninja, is this the ex-DNR Jim Patrick??

C.B.E.
    To be Ordinary Commanders of the Military Division of the said Most Excellent Order:
    Rear Admiral Neil Degge LATHAM.
    Commodore James PATRICK, Royal Navy.
    Commodore Simon David WHALLEY, Royal Navy.

Suppose it must be.......thought he was on his way outside!!

SM

:nemo:

6. Perhaps one of you ace reruiters persuaded him to stay :thumright:

7. Whalley's on his way out too. Must be the retirement gift section...

8. HB - I looked in two different newspapers earlier today and saw loads about gongs for celebrities but not a mention of anything for the Armed Forces. There was nothing in the Portsmouth News that I could see either. It made me think they had changed the process and would announce the military gongs later.

How disappointing is it to see that singers and entertainers who do little more than appear on screen and get idolised and well paid for it are so well covered in terms of space in the newspapers whilst the forces are more of less ignored.

Having seen the above list I count just over 20 gongs for the RN which also seems very poor in terms of numbers.

Yet another example of how well respected we are in general? I hope not.

SF

9. Who on earth are V Adm Dymock and R Adm Latham - never heard of the buggers!

10. When I worked on Buccaneers at RAF Honington Cdr Dimmock as he was then was senior naval officer. He was always immaculate looking as if he had just stepped out of a Gieves catalogue. This was in1975. Not a bad SNO and when the crabs insisted that the RN went on parade he agreed, he stated however that as the senior service we would march off first to the tune Hearts of Oak. The group captain at the time a man by the name of Bairsto reluctantly agreed. :thumright:

11. Quiet right to Slim. Senior service always lead off. To H/O Followed by "Mechanised Infantry" :salut: :thumright:

12. No. The query was about the Order of the British Empire, not the Order of the Bath.

13. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

yes, t'is Jim - excellent news for him. I believe he is still looking outside. At that rank even if selected for 2* there has to be a vacant slot, otherwise he goes.

14. I was aboard the Hermes in 1970 when LtCdr Roger Dimmock was CO 801 Sqdn Buccaneers. I again met him in 1993 when he was the CEO of a Recruiting Agency based at North Harbour, Portsmouth. He retired as a Vice Admiral, and is now something to do with the FAA Officers Association.

The Officer referred to in the Honours list is not related, Vice Admiral Dymock.

Regards, Chris

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

16. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Chief Ferguson a living legand of the Gunnery world.

Last of a kind it has to be said.

If you are reading this Chief well done and enjoy retirement.

17. Congratulations uncle Reg Fergusson, fecking bravo at last someone who deserves a gong. Does this mean you've got more than me!! FOST won't be the same without you.

18. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Latham was the boss of Sultan a while back. First joint Commandant of the new Purple Engineering idea (which has faltered into a barrowload of donkeyshit, mind)

Levers

19. I thought you were made a Peer of the Realm some years ago! ;)

Lord Janner of Brimstone

Did they forget to notify you I wonder? o_O