Queen Elizabeth

Discussion in 'UPO' started by Marzipan, Sep 22, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When i came off killicks course we got told that qe and prince charles were ops drafts only, well seeing as everyones whose ops is either on 23's at sea, got there notice in or on po's course thought this was a bit off. Also our DO pretty much forbid us talking to drafty. Heard that this has changed now like? Anyone heard different

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Must admit, I'd be surprised if HMS 'prince charles or Queen elizibeth' didn't have training billets and equally surprised if everyone who isn't on a T23 or on PO's course has submitted notice.

Nothing to stop you submitting a drafting preference by type and seeing whether the grapevine is correct.

My guess is we may struggle to adequately man the carriers anyway, but those who don't ask don't get .

3. I'll come back in for the first big (sales) trip it does :)

4. And me.

Err, have they got Seacat fitted?

5. And I'll prob need a few harriers, I'll stretch to a Mk 5 Seaking :) Or a gash job in pinky workshops :)

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Most likely "fitted for, not with". I'm guessing there will be lots of "unallocated" compartments throughout the ship. It was certainly the case with Ocean coming out from build - lots of space, nothing or no-one to put in it.

7. QE and PoW are certainly a draft. Have you spoken to your Career Manager personally?

8. Plenty of prayer rooms, LGBT conference suites, Jedi Warrior training rooms and Ipad maintenance workshops.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not spoken to her yet. Probably pop down in the week, we were told it was a no go on course, but like i said the state were in i can't see the navy being in position to say who can and can't go where.

10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I saw a club swinger in overalls on the very cluttered flight deck of QNLZ
    ( I've given up avoiding those FLAs ) the other day. I expect to see a Navy dentist dressed in tropics in one of the GTA spaces next week.

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

You think?

12. As an ex Wafu I am a shit hot Phalanx maintainer, any chance for me and me zimmer frame?

13. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Sorry Slim, given your age I assume you're current on this type of Phalanx, not the more modern one ;-)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I remember them! The Queen's Own Royal Mincers!

15. Now when has the state the RN is in ever mattered to Drafty?:)

16. Its nice to hope ha. Mind you a killick came back from drafty yesterday being promised any draft he wanted and a definite po's course date next year on the promise he took his notice out so you never know...

But your probably right

17. Giving I'm losing people to ensure that Drafty can keep promises, I'd suggest it's quite a high likelihood.

18. But can you really trust Drafty?

19. Yep, put in for Pompey, guaranteed Guzz :)

• Like Like x 2