Queen Elizabeth Class - New RN Video

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Jul 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Queen Elizabeth Class - RN Video

Cool!

Virtual Carriers manned by virtual sailors and operating virtual aircraft for our soon to be virtually extinct Fleet…

2. Holy crap! I didn't realise they'd been built already?! 8O

3. What a load of tosh, all that flowery crap about being at the forefront of naval aviation. I have a very bad feeling we won't be seeing any of these capital ships any time in the near future.

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I had it in my mind it was the starting titles for "Hot Shots part 3".

5. I seem to recall the old Bulwarks pennant number was R08, I'm guessing the new carriers will be downsized to her dimensions. Wonder if Airfix have made the model yet as it will probably be the nearest anyone gets to seeing it

6. During today's PMQs Broon stated that the aircfatft carrier programme will proceed, so working on the principle that you can't trust him or believe a word that comes out of his mouth, it's just a matter of time now until the programme's cancelled.

http://zebrambizi.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/pmqs-weds-15-july-2009/

Mr. Ian Davidson (Glasgow, South-West) (Lab/Co-op): Comrade leader, in these difficult and troubled times, do you agree that what the country needs more than anything else is a third aircraft carrier? [Interruption.] I repeat, in case that was not heard, that we need a third aircraft carrier. Does my right hon. Friend also agree that it is necessary for the Royal Navy, for the shipyards and for a big chunk of British industry that we have these aircraft carriers? Can he tell me why only the Government are firmly committed to building the two aircraft carriers and why neither of the two Opposition parties are so committed?

The Prime Minister: We are committed to building aircraft carriers; that gives work to people in all parts of the country, including those in my hon. Friend’s constituency. We believe that aircraft carriers are an important part of our naval equipment for the future, and the programme will proceed, whatever the views of Opposition parties.

7. :wink: :wink: And just left Pompey for the FES :wink: !!!! http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/2a8f43r(1).jpg

8. Although you've got to admit that it's a punchy video. At least they are finally selling the carrier as a joint asset - the Chinooks ranged on the deck should placate our Green and Dark Blue brethren.

9. Well, being as how Harrier will be gone before they enter service and the F-35 seems ever more distant, I for one will welcome the Fleets new Helicopter Carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth.