Quay Assistants required in Portsmouth

DemobJob

Lantern Swinger
Closing dates for these roles are fast approaching (06 Jan 2012) and well suited for some of those who have served in the Royal Navy, please select the following link for all the detail plus application:

Quay Assistants

Adrian

Showing my ignorance here but WTF is a Quay Asst? Are we talking about mooring up?
or is it Dockyard Matey's?
Modernism isn't my thing I'm afraid.

It always helps to read the link. :p

What is the role?
Based at Portsmouth International Port, this post is one of a team of eighteen Quay Assistants (in 3 gangs) whose duties include the berthing and slipping of ferries, plus general cleaning and safety watches.
The shift pattern, which includes working at weekends and Bank Holidays, is four early shifts (0545 to 1455), followed by 2 days off, then four late shifts (1445 to 2400) followed by 2 days off. On late shifts you will be expected to stay until the last vessel has sailed, which may be past midnight.

Cheers,missed that as I was trying to settle a car insurance at the same time.
Multi-tasking ain't my thing it seems! Still looks like the old Dockyard Matey's job to me though but I guess it's all changed now.
Oh! for the days when a matey would chrome,build shelves,wire your house,weld your car, make you a shed!Anything for a reasonable price!
Pompey dockyard was a hive of opportunists of all skills.

Cheers,missed that as I was trying to settle a car insurance at the same time.
Multi-tasking ain't my thing it seems! Still looks like the old Dockyard Matey's job to me though but I guess it's all changed now.
Oh! for the days when a matey would chrome,build shelves,wire your house,weld your car, make you a shed!Anything for a reasonable price!
Pompey dockyard was a hive of opportunists of all skills.
Ah! the days when Blue Liners were the strongest currency in the 'yard !!
;)