Qualifications question

Ross89

I'm currently in the process of applying for AET (RT on 27th May), and have been at college studying electrical installations and engineering, and working as an electrician for the past 3/4 years.

Anyways my question - i've now got a City and Guilds qualification and an NVQ Level 3 in electrical engineering so will that help me in anyway in terms of application or is it simply a case of having a bit of a head start when it comes to Sultan?

I've searched the forums but hasn't seemed to have been asked before :?

Ross

Ross89

As i thought then really, at least i'll hopefully find Phase 2 very slightly less daunting!

Soleil thanks for that link thats now bookmarked! I've gone out and got a couple of books to revise from, the 'Armed Forces Entry Level' and a workbook which is more like A Level difficulty actually.

I'm sure i read somewhere that the RT is about 11+ level of difficulty in terms of english and maths? If so i've got some revision books from a long time ago that would probably serve me well to dig out and read.

Yeah. Just make sure ya confident multiplying and dividing decimals/fractions. recruiter said these are definately useful to improve on

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Question about Qualifications from Ireland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Ofqual decisions on awarding vocational and technical qualifications this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exceptional arrangements for awarding qualifications this summer MoD News 0
S Leadership Qualifications The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 20
MoD_RSS Industry Qualifications surrender Ofqual recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual consultation on awarding vocational and technical qualifications in summer 2020 MoD News 0
U STUDYING FOR QUALIFICATIONS Joining the Royal Navy 33
MoD_RSS Awarding vocational and technical qualifications this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on vocational and technical qualifications in 2020 MoD News 0
J ETME qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
K Qualifications required to become a Warfare Officer, i.e UCAS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Drivers of choice for vocational and technical qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to BBC story about minicab driver qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on rules for Department for Education performance table qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How can we ensure public confidence in qualifications? MoD News 0
M Retake Qualifications? Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS British Army soldiers’ skills mapped to the Scottish qualifications framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hundreds of students to take youth work qualifications after new government investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maintaining standards in reformed Functional Skills qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Qualifications regulators consult on changes to rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Perceptions of vocational and technical qualifications - wave 2 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further measures announced to boost the quality of post-16 qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New qualifications to help teachers progress their careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Proposals launched to boost the quality and uptake of Higher Technical Qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Call for views on new digital Functional Skills qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Qualifications perception survey - latest results released MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Plans launched to boost quality of post -16 qualifications MoD News 0
R What Qualifications do you gain as an Marine Engineering Technician in the Royal Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Strengthening vocational and technical qualifications MoD News 0
F WE qualifications UPO/Careers Office 39
R Marine Engineering (Technician) qualifications and career path Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
H Commonwealth qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS News story: Consultation into regulating Basic Digital Skills Qualifications MoD News 0
C UGAS qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M Qualifications for Officers Joining the Royal Navy 1
M Qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R qualifications.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
T Officer Direct Entry - Qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
3 Skills/qualifications as an ET(MESM) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Copies of qualifications for interview ? RFA 3
A Qualifications through RNR - possibly one for Ninja_Stoker? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 17
Rk7794 Weapons engineer qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
G Unsure about naval careers and qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
EnglishFish WS and Skills/Qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M Helpful qualifications? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 76
G Proof of qualifications RFA 11
S Qualifications for cross service application Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
F Entry Qualifications The Fleet Air Arm 7
M Qualifications Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8