Qualifications Question

przin

Hi just looking for some help,

I have the required grade in maths GCSE and English lit but only a 3 in language (due to examiner not being able to read my writing which has since improved)
but I have BBB at A level in my 3 subjects (politics, history and geography). Would this effect me joining as a warfare officer in the navy or marines officer? or is there any chance of waiving this as I know I could score 100% in the written and and verbal tests the navy make you sit as I actually am good at English, or would I have to resit the GCSE English language?

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

Waspie

War Hero

I have the required grade in maths GCSE and English lit but only a 3 in language (due to examiner not being able to read my writing which has since improved)
but I have BBB at A level in my 3 subjects (politics, history and geography). Would this effect me joining as a warfare officer in the navy or marines officer? or is there any chance of waiving this as I know I could score 100% in the written and and verbal tests the navy make you sit as I actually am good at English, or would I have to resit the GCSE English language?

Best advice; check it out with a careers advisor. They have all the up to date info. This is an unofficial RN site who may, (or may not), be able to offer correct advice.

Check out your local AFCO and good luck.

Drakey

War Hero

Make sure you tell them this and you will go straight to the front of the queue for BRNC as the Navy will take it for granted without question.

D

Deleted 108407

"actually am good at English"
Perhaps your grammar and syntax would benefit from a few dog watch hours spent on it?